1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

4wd not engaging

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by toyotaman, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Aug 9, 2007 at 12:35 PM
    toyotaman

toyotaman [OP] New Member

Member:
    hey i have a 93 toyota SR5 with 4wd an i had pulled the motor out cuz the crank snapped in 2 pieces an before that the 4WD worked but now after i reinstalled the motor the 4WD will not engage the front wheels if i put it in 4 low it drives like its engaged but the front wheels wont be truning an no lights come on when i put it in 4WD either like its suppose to. what did i miss? i cant seem to figure it out.

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

2. Aug 24, 2007 at 6:21 PM
    SLOTaco

SLOTaco Ultimate Member

Member:
    Central Coast, California
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport
    '06 TRD Sport 4x4 AC, K&N drop in air filter, Magnaflow cat back, Bilstein 5100's with Toytec adjustable front coil over 3" lift, rear TSB, AllPro UCA's.
    I believe those older taco's have manual shifting 4wd, if so make sure you hooked up the linkage to the shifter. Also there is probably a sensor around the shifter somewhere that actuates the light. If I am wrong and the old taco's are push button, or knob like the 2nd gen, then it is either electrically actuated or vacuum actuated, and make sure all your connections are tight on wires and vacuum hoses.

Products Discussed in

To Top