1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

warn vr8000 vs m8000

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by 2012expedition, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Dec 15, 2012 at 2:15 PM
    2012expedition

2012expedition [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Langley
    I was deciding between two different winches last week and had a tough time finding a big difference between the VR8000 and the M8000. There were good arguements to buy either one. I contacted warn and this is what they had to say.

The contactor control is a better quality set up compared to the solenoid control. It a more reliable design and better sealed. On paper the VR8000 and M8000 will look similar but the VR series winches were designed to hit a certain price point to compete in the market of winches coming from overseas. When doing so the overall quality of the components used will be less than those used in the M8000.

Some people will argue that there was nothing wrong with solenoids in the older winches, what do you guys think?

2. Dec 16, 2012 at 7:12 AM
    ROGU3 PR3DATOR

ROGU3 PR3DATOR Space Shuttle Door Gunner

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Alamogordo, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    MGM 2011 TRD Off-Road
    Lifted, Supercharged, Armored, and lots more
    I've got the M8000. I like it. But if the manufacturer says one is better then the other, I am inclined to believe them. You get what you pay for. If the end product is cheaper overall, then production cost had to be cut somewhere. In this case, probably in the quality of materials.

Products Discussed in

To Top