1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Replacing Fuel Injectors - Code P0306

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by docbrown, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Mar 26, 2013 at 6:13 AM
    docbrown

docbrown [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma SR5 4X4
    Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Eclipse 6620 AVN GPS/DVD, K&N Drop-in Air Filter, Hose clamp mod, Redline Quick Lift Elites, Bilstein 5100's at .85, Firestone Ride Rite Air Bags, Weather Techs front and back, Bug Guard, and Factory Bull Bar, Wet Okole's up front, Bed Mat, LED interior lights, Fumoto Oil Valve
    I am getting a code P0306 on my 2005 Tacoma. I have replaced the plugs and moved the coil pack from cylinder 6 to cylinder 1 but the code still points to cylinder 6. The truck will stumble/miss at start up after it has been sitting for a while, but then once it has warmed up, it smooths out. I have checked the coolant for oil and the oil for coolant and there does not appear to be a head gasket issue as both the coolant and oil look normal. I am thinking fuel injector (I am at 172k miles). I am currently running fuel injector cleaner and tank of 93 octane through it hoping that this is just a dirty injector.

Now to my question: I have looked at the FSM and it indicates that the cooling system should be drained when changing out the fuel injectors. I have searched to see if there is any information on the site about changing out the injectors and the link below is the only thing I have found that is relevant. In looking at the link, I don't see anywhere that draining the coolant is required to change an injector. Am I missing something or is the FSM incorrect? While I am not an auto mechanic, I am fairly competent when it comes to mechanical repairs. I just don't want to drain the coolant if I don't have to and also make sure I have the tools/materials available to complete the job once I have started.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/technical-chat/101770-how-1gr-fe-supercharger-installation.html

Products Discussed in

To Top