1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear Locker How Quick

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by jsi, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Apr 25, 2013 at 9:52 PM
    jsi

jsi [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    native earthling
    Hey I'm in the market for a used Tacoma and last weekend I took one with the TRD option package for a test drive. In an empty parking lot I locked the rear locker while in 4 low. It took what seemed like a long time for it to engage. When I unlocked the rear it took even longer to disengage. I'm used to the ARB in my Jeep that locks and unlocks immediately, so is it normal for it to take a long time to lock and unlock?

I really liked the truck, but the locker speed concerned me. I don't want to by a problem, if you know what I mean. But, if slow is normal, I can live with it.

2. Apr 25, 2013 at 10:12 PM
    Sigi

Sigi Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sigi
    Sfv ca
    Vehicle:
    06 tacoma 4x4 trd offroad
    If your drive straight it will take a bit to engage but if you lock it and turn your steering wheel either to the right or left while moving slowly or even stopped it will lock right away .

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  3. Apr 25, 2013 at 10:13 PM
    llibrm

llibrm OH NOOOOOO!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Winthrop, WA
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB, 06 LC120 (sold)
    Pelfreybilt Aluminum Bumper, KING 2.5 on all four corners, 4x4 illuminated switch, Cobra 75 w/ 3' Firestick, 2M/ 70cm Radio w/ Diamond NR770HB, Pelfreybilt bed bar, Lightforce Stiker 170s, BD 20" OnX6, BD S2 ditch lites, BD Fogs
    It only takes a few seconds when everything is lined up. If you have a little slip in one wheel, it will wait until its aligned. It spring loaded. I would be to concerned about it. It will lock faster the more you use it too. There are gears and grease involved. Gotta use em to keep em workin.

4. May 5, 2013 at 11:37 AM
    jsi

jsi [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    native earthling
    Thanks for the replies. I decided to pass on that specific truck, the hunt continues!

Products Discussed in

To Top