1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ipod Interface

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by brucejoh, May 15, 2013.

1. May 15, 2013 at 4:50 AM
    brucejoh

brucejoh [OP] B/CS Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    College Station, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD
    Is anyone having this problem?:

I have a 2010 Tacoma (original owner) w/JBL multi disc, Satellite radio and I opted for the factory/dealer installed Ipod interface. All was working fine until my battery died in April this year, Toyota replaced battery under warranty but noticed Ipod was not working afterwards. The devices charges but will not play music, head unit does not recognize Ipod via "AUX" button, Ipod used to "auto start" when I started my truck but no more.

Dealer has replaced Ipod interface device as well as entire radio with same result, dealer has also tried different Ipods/Iphones with my radio and none seem to work. Truck in the shop today and dealer says Toyota is sending a new interface with brand new Ipod to see if this solves the problem.

Any ideas what might be going on here? Anyone having the same problem?

2. May 19, 2013 at 6:14 PM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    I installed a Grom Ipod adapter in my 2010 nonJBL that I had to turn everything on a certain way for it to work correctly. I eventually got the radio to think it was the cd changer. But, what I did was have the battery disconnected, install everything, then reconnect the battery. Turn the key to the on position, not ACC. Make sure that the Ipod was connected and ready to play music, and also that it was charging. Then turn the radio on using the button I wanted for the Ipod connector. AUX didn't work for me, so I hit the CD button twice, and it picked up. Unfortunately, we don't have exactly the same set up, but I'm sure there are some similarities in setting up the initial connection. Good luck

3. May 19, 2013 at 6:26 PM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    Try it with a different 30pin/lighting cable. Assuming you've been using the same cord each trial...

Products Discussed in

To Top