1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Alignment and Steering wheel shake issues

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Doug.McKee, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Aug 17, 2014 at 11:13 AM
    Doug.McKee

Doug.McKee [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Grovetown GA
    Vehicle:
    13' DCSB Magnetic Gray 4X4
    Body: Bushwacker fender flares CMC Body mount mod Custom dual exhaust Magnaflow muffler Debadged Predator steps Backup camera Extang trifecta tonneau cover Customcargrill's mesh grill with raptor letters from B.A.M.F. Rear differential breather mod Tacoma Bed mat ECGS clamshell bushing replacement for needle bearing Rigid series fog lights (SAE Approved) Rigid Dually lights ICON UCA's Interior: Rugged Ridge front and rear floor liners Line-X door sill protectors TRD shift knob Black Katskin leather seats Recovery: ARB snatch straps Hi-Lift Jack Armor: Pelfrybilt front plate bumper
    I just got an an alignment check and my wheels balanced yesterday and found out I have some issues. Could someone please tell me what is going on. My truck is drifting way off to the right and a have a lot of sterring wheel shake at certain speeds. There is a 3 in lift on the truck that the dealership put on for me and I have only had the truck for about six months. It had vibrations to begin with but I thought it was normal to some extent for lifted trucks. I am taking it to the dealership on Monday and hopefully my warranty will cover it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the off road place said I am essential dog tracking down the road with the rear. They told me that when it was installed it may of got put back together wrong and something may not of sat right. Hopefully it is nothing to do with the frame or axle.

*also, it says on the print out (just now realizing this) that I was running 245's but I am actually on 33's. would that make a difference when they put on the alignment machine?

2. Aug 31, 2014 at 5:36 PM
    EdinCincinnati

EdinCincinnati Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2014 4x4 TRD OR
    Any updates on solving your issue?

3. Sep 1, 2014 at 6:37 AM
    Doug.McKee

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Grovetown GA
    Vehicle:
    Body: Bushwacker fender flares CMC Body mount mod Custom dual exhaust Magnaflow muffler Debadged Predator steps Backup camera Extang trifecta tonneau cover Customcargrill's mesh grill with raptor letters from B.A.M.F. Rear differential breather mod Tacoma Bed mat ECGS clamshell bushing replacement for needle bearing Rigid series fog lights (SAE Approved) Rigid Dually lights ICON UCA's Interior: Rugged Ridge front and rear floor liners Line-X door sill protectors TRD shift knob Black Katskin leather seats Recovery: ARB snatch straps Hi-Lift Jack Armor: Pelfrybilt front plate bumper
    Took it to the dealership and they said they fixed it. They also said something to do with the block in the rear getting knocked loose. Well, afterwards I drove it and still have the issue. I'm not sure how much longer I want to trust the dealership to fix this.

4. Sep 1, 2014 at 8:33 AM
    Taco'09

Taco'09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    You said the stealer fixed it. Did they give you a new alignment sheet?

From the old alignment sheet, put frankly, your alignment is a mess and would cause your truck to pull hard right. If the stealer did something I would not want to comment further until I saw some new numbers. And yea, the tire size makes a difference. Get another check and printout from a real alignment place.

The stealer should have balanced your wheels using a road force machine and the Haweka adapter. They should know better. Maybe they did but it should have been noted IMHO.

5. Sep 6, 2014 at 7:31 AM
    Doug.McKee

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Grovetown GA
    Vehicle:
    They did not give me one but they almost did not cover it because they said I went off roading in it. Apparently they think all Tacomas are mall crawlers, I dunno. They said these aren't made to go on trails, water, etc. I'm taking it to another place next week to have an alignment check done.

Products Discussed in

To Top