1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Reverse lights not working

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by atypicaljb, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Oct 22, 2009 at 8:58 AM
    atypicaljb

atypicaljb [OP] Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    06 Sport 4x4
    This post was originally posted in lighting without much success or feedback so I figured I would try technical chat thread.

I have a 2006 trd sport 4x4 and the other night it was brought to my attention that my reverse lights were not working so the following day I checked the bulbs and all my fuses and everything was good so I checked electronic connections to transmission and everything was intact plus gear selection on gauge cluster is working properly.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong or how to get the reverse lights working again?

Since then I have bought new bulbs and replaced even though the old ones appeared to be brand new and I still have no reverse lights!

2. Oct 28, 2009 at 6:39 AM
    atypicaljb

atypicaljb [OP] Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    06 Sport 4x4
    Does anyone have any suggestions?

3. Oct 28, 2009 at 8:43 PM
    Hootbro

Hootbro Omnipotent

Member:
    Delaware
    Vehicle:
    2019 SR/SX Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 3.5L
    Jumper the connector going to your Park/Neutral Position Switch. If the lights come on, you have a bad or mis-adjusted switch. If no lights still, need to start checking electrical power and grounds in the circuit.

I am inclined to think you have a ground issue as the Park/Neutral switch also provides the same electrical path for your instrument cluster illumination.

Cheap Harbor Freight $3 multimeter and some basic electrical understanding can go a long way in resolving the issue.

Products Discussed in

To Top