1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Step bars for access cab vs double cab

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Ronald Morrow, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Feb 10, 2010 at 2:28 AM
    Ronald Morrow

Ronald Morrow [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Waynesville, NC
    Vehicle:
    '03 Tacoma TRD
    Westin Bull Guard
    I probably posted my question earlier in the wrong place. What I am interested in knowing is:
    Is the frame details for the '03 Tacoma access cab be the same as the double cab? I am interested in installing double cab step bar onto an access cab so that I can use it to reach into the bed from the side. The wheel base is the same , but don't know if mounting kit for one would fit the other, all things being equal.
    Thanks for any input.

2. Feb 10, 2010 at 4:48 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    I can't comment for the 1st gens....but I installed DC OEM running boards on my access cab on my 2007.

You really need to decide which running boards you want and find out how they mount. On the 2nd gens - most of them (including aftermarket) mount to the inside of the rocker panels (not the frame).

Or, look at getting some rock sliders. I had a set of double-square-tube rocker sliders on my 96 tacoma. These mounted to the frame and I used them as a step (as well as a jacking point).
    http://www.demello-offroad.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=27_21&products_id=46

Products Discussed in

To Top