Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

Help me edit my Gopro HD video's with windows movie maker

Old 07-18-2010, 04:38 PM   #1
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
Help me edit my Gopro HD video's with windows movie maker

So I have a HD Gopro helmet cam. I also have a Gateway pc with windows vista home premium and movie maker. I have been trying to edit my videos for a while now with no luck. I discovered that wmm cannot recognize mpeg4 files that the gopro records in? I have searched and searched until i came across a free download from VLC that can convert Mp4 files to wmv or any other format. Well i tried converting the files from my camera and still can't get wmm to recognize them so i can edit these video's? I know there are some members on here that will have an answer for me! Please help me figure this out. Its drivin me nuts and i have a ton of footage that i would like to share on here and youtube of me and my friends riding quads in my area. Thanks in advance!
Old 07-18-2010, 04:57 PM   #2
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Google search for a free video editing program that works well with the camera.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:58 PM   #3
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OK googling now
Old 07-18-2010, 05:02 PM   #4
mentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mentose457's Tacoma Gallery
edit video

you could try this...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/topic.php...18&topic=15878

I use this software...

http://www.cyberlink.com/store/power...FcpS2godSy10lw

...these are the videos I've made...enjoy

http://vimeo.com/mentose457/videos
Old 07-18-2010, 05:08 PM   #5
Dirty Trucker

k thanks brent. will have to open my 32bit browser so i can use flash 10 to view your vid.'s
Old 07-19-2010, 02:55 AM   #6
Dirty Trucker

Bump
Old 07-19-2010, 03:00 AM   #7
ChompsterTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightChompsterTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightChompsterTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightChompsterTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightChompsterTacoma is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Chompster
ChompsterTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Have you tried going to go pro website? I just checked and it looks like they have some program for you to use.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:50 AM   #8
Dirty Trucker

I'll check thanks
Old 07-19-2010, 06:09 AM   #9
Dirty Trucker

I downloaded vlc media player and tried to convert my files from mpeg4 to wmv,wma. No luck still can't get movie maker to recognize my video?
Old 07-19-2010, 08:13 PM   #10
mentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ok, i think ive figured it out...

Go here http://www.squared5.com/ and DL that program. I downloaded the beta. When That's done convert the files to .MOV: File>open files>save as> .mov. This simply changes the Container and does not alter the quality of the video at all.

You should be able to open the files in Windows Movie Maker. It works on my computer (Win 7, x64, Core i7, 6GB ram). Let me know if it works or if you need any help.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:43 PM   #11
Dirty Trucker

Whoa thanks Brent! That sounds like what I'm looking for.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:46 PM   #12
Dirty Trucker

I'll try it tomorrow and let you know if it works on my vista pc. I really appreciate you helping me! Thanks!
Old 10-19-2010, 07:02 PM   #13
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mentose457 View Post
Good videos man!! I'm trying to get away from this dang windows movie maker!!! IT SUCKS!!!
Old 10-19-2010, 07:11 PM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namyo View Post
Good videos man!! I'm trying to get away from this dang windows movie maker!!! IT SUCKS!!!
Thanks. I use Cyberlink Powerdirector 8. It works pretty well. Ive tried others like adobe premiere and sony vegas but they have a long learning curve whereas powerdirector is super easy. Just my opinion though.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:29 PM   #15
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mentose457 View Post
Thanks. I use Cyberlink Powerdirector 8. It works pretty well. Ive tried others like adobe premiere and sony vegas but they have a long learning curve whereas powerdirector is super easy. Just my opinion though.
Ima have ta try it. Here's my latest...just now That dang movie maker is like grinding teeth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-0mCGHBpHk?fs=1