LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

Ask the Apple Nerd!

Old 10-04-2013, 10:30 AM   #1141
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyComa92 View Post
Just ordered the iPhone 5s in Gold at 64GB oh BUDDY! cant wait until it gets here.
Know how i know your gay?
Old 10-04-2013, 10:46 AM   #1142
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
Know how i know your gay?
he likes fish sticks?
Old 10-04-2013, 10:51 AM   #1143
When Hell Freezes Over I'll Ski There Too
Pchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Machinist Mate
Name: Rob I
Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearNothing321 View Post
he likes fish sticks?
His other car is a miata?
Old 10-04-2013, 01:42 PM   #1144
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rardigo View Post
His other car is a miata?
It matches his gold shirt?

Attached Thumbnails
Ask the Apple Nerd!-gold-shirt.jpg  
Old 10-04-2013, 04:28 PM   #1145
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Walmart & Best Buy are now discounting the 5C's ... against Apple's pricing policy ...
Old 10-04-2013, 04:42 PM   #1146
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Moe
Mainmoe02's Tacoma Gallery
I can't figure out why Netflix on my iPad won't stream through the HDMI cord to my tv anymore. Its always streamed properly until yesterday. As of today, when I try to stream netflix, an error bubble pops us and says "this streaming device is unavailable... If your using airplay the disable mirroring"

I'm not sure if it's my iPad or if it's a new netflix thing. I can stream other Apps to my tv through the HDMI connection (ie. Crackle, HULU), but not Netflix.

Anyone know if this is an iPad glitch or a netflix issue? Maybe I accidentally adjusted something that screwed with my netflix settings?

Thanks
Old 10-04-2013, 05:09 PM   #1147
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOSHeloPilot View Post
Walmart & Best Buy are now discounting the 5C's ... against Apple's pricing policy ...
I bet apple will stop letting them sell the phones all together. From a few things i have read apple is super strict about places discounting there products.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:41 PM   #1148
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRedNeck721 View Post
I bet apple will stop letting them sell the phones all together. From a few things i have read apple is super strict about places discounting there products.
... ^^^ ... Before now, I would say yes too ... but the 5C is not doing very well either.

It will be interesting to see what Apple does ... and Best Buy now has a "Mini-Samsung" section (with factory rep) in local store now.

I love Apple products (especially, iPads, laptops and iPhones) ... but Samsung is doing very well in cell phones.

And both Samsung & Apple have both come from almost ZERO to the top in last 10-15 years.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:25 PM   #1149
flatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flatblack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Monkey View Post
Another option would be to try a Windows Vitrual Machine using something like Virtual Box.

There's a thread that deals with Linux Mint. I don't know if you've asked there.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...-not-know.html
I'll be dogged, a Linx Mint thread
Thanks, man
Old 10-08-2013, 10:55 PM   #1150
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
IPHONE IPOD SALE!

Apple iPod 160GB classic newest gen- http://denver.craigslist.org/ele/4118533985.html
Apple iPhone 5- http://denver.craigslist.org/ele/4118545658.html
Old 10-21-2013, 09:20 AM   #1151
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
Didn't work, still kicks me out
Finally found my issue, I was using "private" browsing. When you have that turned off it will remain logged in
Old 10-22-2013, 10:35 AM   #1152
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody watching the Keynote?
Old 10-22-2013, 10:39 AM   #1153
El' Capi-Tan
resq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to behold

EMS: Giles Rescue
Name: Josh
resq330's Tacoma Gallery
Just following updates on Twitter
Old 11-04-2013, 09:09 PM   #1154
WittyTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Greyson
WittyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone familiar with the apple Airport Express or Extreme? What im wanting to do is buy one or two to connect to my 2 separate stereo systems that i have in my house and airplay to them both simultaneously from one IDevice. Would this be possible, or would you only be able to play music to one Airport at a time? Also could i use an apple TV (in place of one Airport) and Airplay to the Apple TV and Airport Express?
Thanks for your help
Old 11-10-2013, 09:15 AM   #1155
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: OsKaR
Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBiggs View Post
You could ask a lot of things. How to do a command in OS X or something is messed up on your iOS device.

Rather than searching the web for an answer you can just ask me.
Why does my MacBook sometimes gives the little rainbow circle and freezes for a little while? Do I need more RAM?
Old 11-10-2013, 09:17 AM   #1156
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: OsKaR
Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Also, is there such thing as "disk defragment" with the MacBook?
Old 11-10-2013, 02:01 PM   #1157
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
So, I have an early-2009 Macbook (the white one). I am trying to restore it to the original factory settings (running Snow Leopard) and erase the hard drive. I tried doing the holding option thing during restart to delete the drive like I did with the larger drives I had in there before (had a 500gb, then upped to a 750gb, erased those and sold those separately) but it will not let me. Everything I found online says to use the disks that came with the Macbook but I don't remember getting any.

Ideas?
Old 11-10-2013, 02:18 PM   #1158
blissfully biased
jparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jason
jparf's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredofshaw View Post
So, I have an early-2009 Macbook (the white one). I am trying to restore it to the original factory settings (running Snow Leopard) and erase the hard drive. I tried doing the holding option thing during restart to delete the drive like I did with the larger drives I had in there before (had a 500gb, then upped to a 750gb, erased those and sold those separately) but it will not let me. Everything I found online says to use the disks that came with the Macbook but I don't remember getting any.

Ideas?
You probably lost the restore point when you replaced the drive.

You'll probably either need to download Snow Leopard or a newer OS and make a bootable partition from a jump drive (instructions are available online). Then you can wipe the drive and install the OS.
Old 11-10-2013, 02:28 PM   #1159
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakso View Post
Why does my MacBook sometimes gives the little rainbow circle and freezes for a little while? Do I need more RAM?
Download iStat Pro for your dashboard and see what your memory usage looks like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakso View Post
Also, is there such thing as "disk defragment" with the MacBook?
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredofshaw View Post

Ideas?
You definitely should've of gotten a disk. The computer has to boot to something other than the drive you are trying to erase.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:11 PM   #1160
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkofwimbo View Post
Download iStat Pro for your dashboard and see what your memory usage looks like.

No

You definitely should've of gotten a disk. The computer has to boot to something other than the drive you are trying to erase.
keep trying to tell apple support that, trying to tell me I can do it with the upgrade snow leopard disk I bought a few years ago. they're starting to tick me off lol

Products Discussed in this Thread