Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

Ask the Apple Nerd!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-02-2010, 11:36 AM   #1
BBiggs has much to be proud ofBBiggs has much to be proud ofBBiggs has much to be proud ofBBiggs has much to be proud ofBBiggs has much to be proud ofBBiggs has much to be proud ofBBiggs has much to be proud ofBBiggs has much to be proud ofBBiggs has much to be proud ofBBiggs has much to be proud of

Name: Brent
BBiggs's Tacoma Gallery
Ask the Apple Nerd!

Is there a thread like this already? Or has someone already been named the Apple nerd on TW?

If not I call the position. It's mine. And I'm definitely willing to prove myself.

...But let me know if the position is taken and I'll remove the thread with a big frown on my face...
Old 11-02-2010, 11:38 AM   #2
l_prettyman has a spectacular aura aboutl_prettyman has a spectacular aura about
Name: Logan
l_prettyman's Tacoma Gallery
what is supposed to be posted on here? sorry for my ignorance
Old 11-02-2010, 11:53 AM   #3
Gooch814 will become famous soon enough

Air Force: 20th FW SSgt
Name: Jeff
Gooch814's Tacoma Gallery
Macs are for people who get confused by more than 2 mouse buttons. I wonder how they drive thier cars with more than 1 pedal
Old 11-02-2010, 11:56 AM   #4
BBiggs has much to be proud ofBBiggs has much to be proud ofBBiggs has much to be proud ofBBiggs has much to be proud ofBBiggs has much to be proud ofBBiggs has much to be proud ofBBiggs has much to be proud ofBBiggs has much to be proud ofBBiggs has much to be proud ofBBiggs has much to be proud of

Name: Brent
BBiggs's Tacoma Gallery
You could ask a lot of things. How to do a command in OS X or something is messed up on your iOS device.

Rather than searching the web for an answer you can just ask me.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:59 AM   #5
81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
can you tell me what Steve Jobs is such a tool? thanks
Old 11-02-2010, 12:02 PM   #6
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
How do I do a screen shot (short cut)? I know I can use grab, but what is the shortcut without opening the program grab?
Old 11-02-2010, 12:05 PM   #7
Beating Anorexia since 1976
OmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OmahaStylee's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a Mac guy too, but in no way am I claiming to be THE Mac guy... go ahead & claim it.

If nothing else, we can just say I got your back in the never ending battle of Mac vs PC

BTW, I do have two buttons on my mouse at work.
At home I use a Bamboo pad... I have yet to see a PC user figure out one of those.
(at least ones who come to my house anyway)
Old 11-02-2010, 12:11 PM   #8
mentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mentose457's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaStylee View Post
I'm a Mac guy too, but in no way am I claiming to be THE Mac guy... go ahead & claim it.

If nothing else, we can just say I got your back in the never ending battle of Mac vs PC

BTW, I do have two buttons on my mouse at work.
At home I use a Bamboo pad... I have yet to see a PC user figure out one of those.
(at least ones who come to my house anyway)
Im a PC. I have a mouse with 5 buttons and I also have a bamboo pad as well. Beat that mac boy. Not trying to pick a fight just sayin'.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:12 PM   #9
OmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
How do I do a screen shot (short cut)? I know I can use grab, but what is the shortcut without opening the program grab?
Command + Shift + 3: whole screen
Command + Shift + 4: marquee select
Old 11-02-2010, 12:14 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Bugs Life View Post
What's so hard about a bamboo pad? I learned it in 10 minutes to trace figures I had photographed for animation.
I dunno, but anyone we've sat down in front of our computer gets this 'deer in the headlights' look about them the first time they pick it up.

Not a fair jab, I know.

... just like the two button mouse.

Old 11-02-2010, 12:36 PM   #12
ser240z is on a distinguished road

Name: Scott
ser240z's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a PC but if I wasn't so comfortable with it, I would definately own a MAC. I love my iPhone and enjoy playing on the MAC at work.

I have a question too. I have an original iPhone that bricked. When I turn it on, it's like there is no OS, and when I try and sync it to restore, iTunes doesn't know it's there. Is there any way I can get this up an running again? I'd even take it hacked or unlocked. I just want a back-up.

Thanks
Scott
Old 11-02-2010, 12:38 PM   #13
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
okay my itouch has worked with my headunit perfectly, one day i hit a bump and the cord came unplugged, ever since no matter what cord i use (the usb type) it will not work with my head unit, it just says reading and gives up, but it still works with an auxillary cord
Old 11-02-2010, 12:43 PM   #14
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullzi511Tacoma06 View Post
I'm a mac as well.

Say it ain't so. I had so much respect for you too...........
Old 11-02-2010, 12:46 PM   #15
LIVESTRONG
Bullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bullzi511Tacoma06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Say it ain't so. I had so much respect for you too...........
Hahaha, I love my Mac! It's my first one. But I'm getting pretty good with it. I'm still awesome running a pc, just prefer the apple setup.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:48 PM   #16
jester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jester156's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to jester156
we are using MAC at work for all the wrong reasons and its a constant struggle in our industry with MAC. this thread might be helpful since I have been working with them for 7 years here and was always asked before the IT guy for help.
this thread got off topic in about 1 reply...
Old 11-02-2010, 01:12 PM   #17
vinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shed
vinnyvavoom's Tacoma Gallery
Hey, the OP wants to help people with their MACs. Keep the PC vs MAC stuff to yourself or start a thread for it. That said, I think they both have their merits. I do not however, own a MAC. I got an iPOD....
Old 11-02-2010, 01:24 PM   #18
Taco Rookie
lepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud of

Name: Frank
lepedog23's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to lepedog23
Quote:
What's so hard about a bamboo pad? I learned it in 10 minutes to trace figures I had photographed for animation.
sup zack hit me up with what i pm'd you about.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:27 PM   #19

Quote:
it's odd to hear of a macs being used for word processing since that is not their strong point.

they are more of video/audio editing and entertainment computers. that is their strong point.
true.

I've been a prepress / production artist (print) for about *counting on fingers* 13 years now?... HOLY SANTA CLAUSE S#*T! where does the time go?

Anyways, it's been all Mac all the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnyvavoom View Post
Hey, the OP wants to help people with their MACs. Keep the PC vs MAC stuff to yourself or start a thread for it. That said, I think they both have their merits. I do not however, own a MAC. I got an iPOD....
+1 (even though I got caught up in it)

For all you iPod & iPhone people, sorry... I don't have any experience with the portable devices running Mac OS.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:31 PM   #20
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooch814 View Post
Macs are for people who get confused by more than 2 mouse buttons. I wonder how they drive thier cars with more than 1 pedal
somewhat true. Im a computer retard, that is why I have a mac.

Oh and my mouse has 5 buttons

subbing if I ever need help in the future, thanks OP.

Products Discussed in this Thread