Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

What GPS???

Old 04-27-2011, 03:20 PM   #1
ecupcar is on a distinguished road

ecupcar's Tacoma Gallery
What GPS???

Looking for suggestions for a GPS. Portable Garmin is where I am leaning, but want some thoughts? I am not a hard core Geocasher or desert off-roader so just the basics. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:26 PM   #2
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
100 bucks at walmart basic garmin
Old 04-29-2011, 02:12 PM   #3
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
If you're thinking about getting an Android phone sometime in the near future, Google Maps Navigation is a free download and works great. The iPhone has some pay-for apps as well.

For dedicated units, I've always been a fan of Garmins. Some of the newer models include free traffic updates as well, including some of the lower priced units. Look for a unit with "T" in the name (e.g. Nuvi 255WT).
Old 04-29-2011, 02:17 PM   #4
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Get a Garmin 60CSx. They are much cheaper now and the one in my truck has been in use for nearly 4 years. If you have the cash, look at the Garmin 62st. I plan on upgrading to that once my 60CSx poops.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:54 PM   #5
ecupcar is on a distinguished road

ecupcar's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks all, bought the Garmin 1450 on sale at BestBuy for $139. Works great if you don't need bells and whistles, very happy.