1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Deciding about cell phone and service

Discussion in 'Technology' started by slmgt, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Sep 17, 2011 at 10:51 PM
    slmgt

slmgt [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Greater Seattle Area
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport w/ JBL DCLB V6 AT
    Husky floor mats (Fr and Rr)
    Currently on Sprint paying $50/month for Sero Premium 500 + Premium Data (4G) on my Motorola Photon 4G. I got the Photon for a steal, but am debating sticking with it and here's where I'd like to hear your opinion.

Problem: It's Sprint, which means shoddy 4G coverage, not so stellar Customer Service (though that fact helped me get the phone for so cheap), WiMax is not being deployed anymore, and Sprint does not employ CPOP (which would allow me to take calls while using data).

If I were to leave for another carrier, I'd have to try to capitalize on Sprint changing their Admin fee (which will be a pain because I've talked to some Sprint reps and they all stick to their script) or wait until April of next year at the earliest to ditch. Also by leaving, I'd give up the SERO account (which is very desired) and have to pay a lot more at any other carrier for good service.

2. Sep 18, 2011 at 12:49 AM
    slmgt

slmgt [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Greater Seattle Area
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport w/ JBL DCLB V6 AT
    Husky floor mats (Fr and Rr)
    I would not get 4G in Pullman if I were there. I'm not in Pullman now and for the foreseeable future (done with WSU), but will be in Spokane here and there, at least once a month hopefully. I've used 4G down here in the SF Bay Area and it's OK. By that I mean it's a few (3-5mbps), but I'm of the opinion that 4G should be nothing less than 100mbps, so I guess I'm just a highly demanding consumer :).

3. Sep 18, 2011 at 1:23 AM
    ExpoSpy

ExpoSpy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Temecula

Um, I don't know of any wireless home networks that support 100mbps...Verizon iirc shows a constant 12mbps on their 4G

Products Discussed in

To Top