Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

Nook Color (rooted) or Kindle Fire

Old 10-19-2011, 01:40 PM   #1
trdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdracing5's Tacoma Gallery
Nook Color (rooted) or Kindle Fire

I can't decide if I want to purchase a Nook Color and root it with Android or wait for the Kindle Fire (November 15).

What do you think?
Old 10-19-2011, 04:07 PM   #2
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Viewsonic gTablet. It's decent. The only downside is it defaults to Handango instead of Android Market. I think it can be rooted to get around that issue though.

Viewsonic gTablet:
http://www.google.com/products/catal...0737#scoring=p

For Kindle Fire vs Nook Color you might check out XDA Developers:
Kindle Fire:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1306

Nook Color:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=860

Other than the processor, some there seem to think the Nook Color may be the better choice because of the sd card slot. On the other hand, Amazon has stated they don't care if you root it.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:11 AM   #3
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Here's an interesting option for Nook Colors. This company sells a preloaded SD card that boots the Nook into an Android Tablet mode. From what I hear, it's not that difficult to do yourself but if you want a no-hassle option, this gets good reviews:

http://n2acards.com/home