Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

*OFFICIAL* Overclocking Thread!

Old 11-04-2011, 09:34 PM   #1
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
*OFFICIAL* Overclocking Thread!

Alright I know theres some nerdy folks who overclock their computer just so they can browse TacomaWorld a tad faster than the rest! Lets see your specs!

I've settled on a mild overclock on this thing for now, until I get a new power supply with a stable rail.

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2081610

Old 11-04-2011, 09:45 PM   #2
Cheyenne Trail Crew
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery

e2160 1.8ghz stock - 3.4 on air stable could do 3.6 but flaky.. 100% o/c on a $70 chip at the time

I still have a 6600q @ 3.4 daily 3.6 to benchmark.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:31 AM   #3
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
You don't wanna know what my SuperPi time is :P

Nice overclock though! I'm always jealous of Pentiums that can run on such low voltage...
Do you overclock your memory too?
Old 11-05-2011, 06:43 AM   #4
Cheyenne Trail Crew
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
yeah I o/c the memory as well... that was a screen from like 3 yrs ago. I mainly leave my quad o/c to stream 1080p movies to my PS3 via PS3 media server. I was a long time Athlon XP guy, last AMD I had was a 3800 DC 939 socket. I may go back to AMD on my next build.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:13 AM   #5
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
my newest build

Intel® Core™ i7-2600K Unlocked
Dual AMD Radeon HD 6850 1GB
8 GIG DDR3 PC3-10600
64GB (SSD)
1TB (HDD) 7200 rpm Seagate

still working on sourcing a motherboard, i have an h55 cooler for liquid cooling the processor
probably run another thermaltake case as they have lots of room, and ill be going to a 1000 watt Corsair Power supply once i man up and spend some more money

should be able to load my games fast on this one

why SSD?? because when you start throwing pictures from your DSLR on in 2 to 3 minutes youd be amazed at how bad the HDD can keep up, as well running SWOTR will be amazing

not finished yet but soon
Old 11-05-2011, 01:23 PM   #6
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
I have no clue what u r talking about .....

Generic Smilies
Extras