Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

Kindle Fire

Old 11-09-2011, 08:31 AM   #1
Born in the Backwoods
kris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kris77's Tacoma Gallery
Kindle Fire

Looks pretty interesting for the price.

Anybody have any input on this? Would like to get it for my boy for christmas. Just to play games and surf the net.

Ipad is too expensive for me.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:34 AM   #2
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Looks pretty cool I bet your boy would love it. My girl has the Kindle and she loves that thing.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:40 AM   #3
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Just looked it up. To me it looks pretty good for the price point!
Old 11-09-2011, 08:50 AM   #4
gooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
Name: Kyle
gooch14's Tacoma Gallery
I read that 6 months ago it would have been the Top of the line, now with how tech moves it's not, but still, for the price it's pretty impressive.

I pre-ordered my wife one, should be here on the 17th. Debating on letting her have it early or making her wait, I'm sure she knows it's coming.

B&N came out with a competitor to it, very similar in abilities, but my (wifes) choice boiled down to the support for stuff, for $80/year you get a ton of stuff on the fire, with B&N's it's like $8/month for the similar, so a little more. But with B&N you also get to take it to a store for repairs and issues, Fire you have to mail it in to Amazon.

If I decide to give it to my wife, and let her open her Fire early . I'll give you guys a full report.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:52 AM   #5
enigma429ad has a spectacular aura aboutenigma429ad has a spectacular aura about
enigma429ad's Tacoma Gallery
We went with the nook tablet. Expandable memory + twice specs in mostly everything for only $50 more.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:20 PM   #6
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma429ad View Post
We went with the nook tablet. Expandable memory + twice specs in mostly everything for only $50 more.
I got my wife the nook color for her b-day and she loves it. Although I never use it for books just angry birds.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:54 PM   #7
40 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris77 View Post
Looks pretty interesting for the price.

Anybody have any input on this? Would like to get it for my boy for christmas. Just to play games and surf the net.

Ipad is too expensive for me.
bought the wife one. She loves it. good screen res. She watches netflicks on it sometimes.

So far np with the unit.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:57 PM   #8
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
My niece got one the other day, it looks pretty cool. All depends on what you want it for I guess. I'd rather have my laptop, but it is cool to have them for their size. Bigger than a smart phone yet smaller than a laptop. Just wished they had 3g on them.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:47 AM   #9
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Bumping this thread...

I started looking at Ipads but the Kindle Fire and Nook tablets seem hard to pass by. I'm looking for something that's convenient to read e-mails and surf the web. Wi-fi is a must and don't really care about 3g as it will primarily be in my house and rarely leave. Now that they've all been out for a while, what's everyones' opinion on the 3 options?

I think I'm leaning toward the Kindle or Nook for the price, any pros and cons to either?
Old 01-09-2012, 08:49 AM   #10
ninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Nick
ninja_taco's Tacoma Gallery
got my fiance the fire, she loves it. when i played around on it - was easy to use, quick browser, books are easy to ready. all around great improvement from the original kindle that i have. as for price - was great for what it can do
Old 01-09-2012, 11:40 AM   #11
Born in the Backwoods
kris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kris77's Tacoma Gallery
We actually ended up getting an Acer Iconia Tablet.

Awesome. Couldn't be happier.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:43 AM   #12
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Bumping this thread...

I started looking at Ipads but the Kindle Fire and Nook tablets seem hard to pass by. I'm looking for something that's convenient to read e-mails and surf the web. Wi-fi is a must and don't really care about 3g as it will primarily be in my house and rarely leave. Now that they've all been out for a while, what's everyones' opinion on the 3 options?

I think I'm leaning toward the Kindle or Nook for the price, any pros and cons to either?
I've heard that Google is producing a tablet to compete with the fire, if it were up to me I would wait and see what Google is going to release. CES is this week, so it's very possible we will see it before the end of the week.