1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

GPS help

Discussion in 'Technology' started by lotsoftoys, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Dec 31, 2011 at 5:40 PM
    lotsoftoys

lotsoftoys [OP] pavement is boring....

Member:
    First Name:
    Jace
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    98 lifted panda taco
    bunch of crap
    Just got a Garmin Etrex 20 for christmas and i love it! i already have the topo map uploaded and all of CO's forest service transparent trail maps uploaded as well. I hav e the maps loaded onto the sd card. only place i got the waypoints for CO trails from Trail Damage to work is in a file labeled GPX on the garmin itself. My question is how many way points can i put on the unit itself? the garmin website says 2000 waypoints/routes, is that on the unit itself? if so then im good lol i wont have that many...... do they take up alot of room? id kinda rather have them on the sd card... thanx for any help, just slightly confused

2. Jan 2, 2012 at 5:01 AM
    bigmooze

bigmooze Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Belle River, ON
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 access cab SR5
    Bilstein 5100's all round (0" up front with stock springs), 265/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, K&N 63 Series Aircharger Kit, Flowmaster Super 44 Muffler, Delta Champion Toolbox, fog lights, back-up lights, Sirius satellite radio with PA15-TOY, Midland 1001z CB radio with 2' Firestik II antenna, Weathertech floor mats, AVS sill protectors, Marathon SuperHides Seatcovers (Universal Digital Camo), trimmed front mud flaps, Viair 20005 OBA, Warn W650D driving lights and W650F fog lights on N-Fab light bar, Hi-Lift X-treme jack with off road accessories, TracRac "TracONE" system
  3. Jan 2, 2012 at 8:56 AM
    lotsoftoys

lotsoftoys [OP] pavement is boring....

Member:
    First Name:
    Jace
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    98 lifted panda taco
    bunch of crap
    thank u very much man, i searched all over and couldnt find that? im gonna give it a shot

4. Jan 2, 2012 at 9:29 AM
    bigmooze

bigmooze Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Belle River, ON
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 access cab SR5
    Bilstein 5100's all round (0" up front with stock springs), 265/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, K&N 63 Series Aircharger Kit, Flowmaster Super 44 Muffler, Delta Champion Toolbox, fog lights, back-up lights, Sirius satellite radio with PA15-TOY, Midland 1001z CB radio with 2' Firestik II antenna, Weathertech floor mats, AVS sill protectors, Marathon SuperHides Seatcovers (Universal Digital Camo), trimmed front mud flaps, Viair 20005 OBA, Warn W650D driving lights and W650F fog lights on N-Fab light bar, Hi-Lift X-treme jack with off road accessories, TracRac "TracONE" system
    No problem. I may play around with that too, having just bought an Oregon 450. Can't wait to use it. Just been playing around with the downloadable ATV trails for Michigan so far. Had some fun geocaching too :thumbsup:

Products Discussed in

To Top