1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ipod/Itunes/Iphone

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Hughesc99, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Jan 12, 2012 at 3:28 PM
    Hughesc99

Hughesc99 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Derby, KS
    Looking for some help from Itunes savvy people. I just bought a Iphone 4s. I recently had an HTC Evo and I have an Ipod (nano..the verion before it had a camera on it). My previous Itunes on another computer got wiped clean. So Im looking for a way to put music from my Ipod and Micro SD card (from HTC Evo) to ultimately my Iphone. I have already tried dragging and dropping and saving the songs to a folder on my computer and trying to drag that to the Iphone.

Any ideas? Or am I looking for the impossible? Thanks

2. Jan 12, 2012 at 3:37 PM
    GP3

GP3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    4X4 TRD Off Road
    Front: stock suspension, 12" wide fiberglass fenders Rear: stock suspension, 10" wide fiberglass fenders
  3. Jan 12, 2012 at 4:05 PM
    Hughesc99

Member:
    Derby, KS
    Thanks, Ill give that a try

4. Jan 13, 2012 at 4:34 PM
    myname150

myname150 Well-Known Member

Member:
    The windows path is the easiest and beats having to use sketchy 3rd party software. As far as I know it works with any FAT formatted iPod (Both Windows/Mac), and Macintosh-Formatted iPods only work on Macs (for the most part).

For iPhones/iPod Touches: It's been a long time since I owned one of those and used one. When I had an iPhone 2G and the first-gen iPod Touch you had to have them jailbroken first then there is software I really like called "iPhonebrowser" for Windows. http://code.google.com/p/iphonebrowser/ It's last update was in 2009 so I don't know if it's compatible with the latest versions of iTunes. Edit: the location is "/var/root/Media/iTunes_Control/Music"

Old Tutorial I made eons ago:

Windows:

1.) Plug in your ipod and go to my comptuer/computer
    2.) Go to Tools -> Folder Options (Windows XP) or for Windows 7, Organize -> Folder Options
    [​IMG]
    3.) Go to "View" and enable viewing hidden folders
    [​IMG]
    4.) Double click your iPod in my computer and you should see a greyed out folder named "iPod Control" or "iTunes Control"
    [​IMG]
    5.) In that folder go to "Music" and all the "FXX" folders has all your music. Just copy and paste where you want to back it up to. If you view the files, you'll see they'll have all sorts of odd names. Just import it into iTunes and if it had all the right ID3 tags that is no problem. These tags are "embedded" into the audio file and iTunes can read the Artist, Album, Title, and etc.
    [​IMG]

Mac OS X Lion/Snow Leopard. Little more Difficult
    1.) Plug in your iPod and open a finder window. Can be done if you're already in Finder and push Command+N. If not, just click the Finder Icon on the dock, if no window opens then push Command+N.
    [​IMG]
    2.) In the Finder Menu Bar, Click "Go" then "Go To Folder"
    [​IMG]
    3.) Then copy and paste this into the new dialog "/Volumes/iPod Name/iPod_Control/Music/F00" (where iPod Name, would be the name of your iPod)
    [​IMG]
    4.) Now, you'll have to keep doing that until the FXX stop and Mac OS says it can't find that folder. Like you saw in the Windows shots, there is multiple FXX folders with your music.

5. Jan 14, 2012 at 12:19 PM
    Hughesc99

Member:
    Derby, KS
    thanks Myname150. I got the content on the computer and I can take it from the computer and drag it to itunes. After that nothing will allow me to put it on the iphone. Any suggestions?

6. Jan 14, 2012 at 9:49 PM
    myname150

myname150 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Look at the photo i attached...

You have to make sure those check boxes are checked, and then hit "Apply"

Afterwards you can click/drag music from your iTunes Library to your iDevice; Music, Movies, etc.

Screen Shot 2012-01-14 at 11.44.51 PM.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top