LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

Oh DELL NO!

Old 02-08-2012, 01:41 AM   #1
'merica
FreidTaco has much to be proud ofFreidTaco has much to be proud ofFreidTaco has much to be proud ofFreidTaco has much to be proud ofFreidTaco has much to be proud ofFreidTaco has much to be proud ofFreidTaco has much to be proud ofFreidTaco has much to be proud ofFreidTaco has much to be proud ofFreidTaco has much to be proud of

Name: null
FreidTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Oh DELL NO!

Background: I bought this laptop a year and a half ago and have had troubles ever since. I got a dell studio 1747 with an i7 and 8gb ram. needless to say i went all out.

Problem #1 6months ago i was having troubles with it randomly restarting. so they sent a tech out to replace the motherboard, fan, heatsink, power switch, hard drive, and daughter board. this all worked until...

problem #2... last week it started doing the same thing. so thursday another tech came and replaced my motherboard, heatsink,
Old 02-08-2012, 01:51 AM   #2
'merica
FreidTaco has much to be proud ofFreidTaco has much to be proud ofFreidTaco has much to be proud ofFreidTaco has much to be proud ofFreidTaco has much to be proud ofFreidTaco has much to be proud ofFreidTaco has much to be proud ofFreidTaco has much to be proud ofFreidTaco has much to be proud ofFreidTaco has much to be proud of

Name: null
FreidTaco's Tacoma Gallery
ran out of txt space on my psp...

and my fan untill

about an hour ago my computer went rouge and shut down completely. when restarted it just black screen and then the 7 beeps of death. called again and they say the processor and motherboard need replaced...

thankfully its still under warranty... but what the dell hell? I dont know if i will buy a dell again
Old 02-08-2012, 07:13 PM   #3
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
i wonder if the power supply is faulty, ..frying that stuff??? how hard to replace the power supply?
Old 02-08-2012, 07:14 PM   #4
is one of the sharper tools in the shed
truckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
truckboattruck's Tacoma Gallery
could've bought a mac...
Old 02-08-2012, 07:19 PM   #5
Shake and Bake
4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jefferson
4wd Boss's Tacoma Gallery
wow i had a dell tower for years with no probs. course its not a labtop, but still a dell. sorry to hear, sounds like something else is going on if they replaced practically all the components once and then it does the same thing after that. good luck but i'm sure there are lots of techies on here with some ideas...
Old 02-08-2012, 07:20 PM   #6
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
wow, they replaced pretty much everything and it still screwed up. What else is left to replace?!
Old 02-08-2012, 07:45 PM   #7
vatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
vatrdtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to vatrdtaco
Did you buy it from Dell or a store like Best Buy? I bought a deasktop & laptop direct from Dell. Never had an issue. Bought a Dell laptop from Best Buy. Had nothing but problems with it. A buddy of mine bought an XPS direct from Dell & had it crash on him.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:53 PM   #8
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
i have an old dell xps (tower)... only thing so far is power supply started going down hill after a few years, so i bought a new higher capacity one... i think i've heard dell put some cheap ass power supplies in a good deal of their lineup at one time, ..not sure if that is still the case, but i'd suspect looking into it..
Old 02-08-2012, 07:54 PM   #9
Tortoise*
IndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: AJ
IndigoTac07's Tacoma Gallery
Lenovo.....
Old 02-08-2012, 08:04 PM   #10
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Sony Vaio.

I bought my first one at 15. 6 years later it still runs better than most of the computers I've used (and I used to work in a computer lab at a college). Hell, it was on for 7 months straight at period torrenting movies and being pluged into my TV via S video.

My current Vaio is about 1.5 years old, still runs like brand new. It's 15.6" and gets 3-4 hours of battery life surfing on Firefox and listenign to my extensive itunes library.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:12 PM   #11
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
Had a Dell desktop. It only lasted for 6 months before it started uncontrollably restarting every 2 seconds. They gave us the run around and wouldn't fix it. But that winter it worked I guess the air temp got down low enough in the house to keep the processor cool.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:12 PM   #12
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
could've bought a mac...
Some never learn...
Old 02-08-2012, 08:18 PM   #13
Camo Dude will become famous soon enough

Name: Ryan
Camo Dude's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Dell Vostro 1500 that is now 4+ years old and I went through something similar at the beginning but its working great now. The biggest problems with laptops are that everyone covers the vents and strains the system for cool air causing this to fail faster and that there is no real easy way to test individual parts. If you are still under warranty explain your issues with them and request a new one since that one keeps failing, you never know they may do it.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:21 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
Some never learn...
Hey now Macs are nice for image and video editing... BUT I will never pay 3 times what a comp is worth for something that I can't even pic what color case it has... lol
Old 02-08-2012, 08:23 PM   #16
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tacoman15's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo Dude View Post
Hey now Macs are nice for image and video editing... BUT I will never pay 3 times what a comp is worth for something that I can't even pic what color case it has... lol
So you base buying pretty important technology based on what color it comes in?
Old 02-08-2012, 08:25 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman15 View Post

No I base it off of the system but if I am paying that much then damn it I want to pick the color... that is why i built my own desktop...
Old 02-08-2012, 08:29 PM   #18
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman15 View Post
My toughts...
Old 02-08-2012, 08:31 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
My toughts...

My biggest point is you can find equal or better comps out there that even allow custom specs for less than the cost of most Macs
Old 02-08-2012, 08:32 PM   #20
ninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Nick
ninja_taco's Tacoma Gallery
had an XPS17.. one day last December the hard drive started making a clicking noise, turned it off and it wouldn't restart. Called Dell and "James" went on about how they would send me a restore CD, blah blah. I finally got it through to him that the HD was clicking and probably needed to be replaced... after about 10 minutes of him confirming my stuff, he informed me that my warranty expired the next day (lucky me?) so i declined his offer for a new warranty... well another 10 minutes later to get the address of where i was correct, we end our conversation.
I get an email shortly after with the wrong address on it (5 states away kind of wrong), even after I told him I was no longer at that address. So I call back and the next "James" claims to have the problem fixed and I get that amazing email that is still the old address, now my old high school is listed as the name of recipient (i ordered one through that almost 7 years ago)
I called back to tell them they messed up again and that the school needed to be removed (i had already tried to do this myself, apparently didn't work)
He sends me a confirmation email with the right address... YAY - 3 days later... so on the 4th day after the shenanigans began, I get a call on the old celly phone from an area code in LA (where i told them i would not be!) and its the technician... i kindly ask him how long its going to take him to drive to me 5 states away like i had told three different "James" peoples.. or was it two different ones? o hell i forget now... any who, i tell the tech to drop it off at my mothers office and i'll have UPS do the rest.. Call back to talk to "James" guys supervisor (spoke great english btw) and he tried again to offer me a new warranty, and i politely told him that i needed a computer for work 4 days ago and i went bought a MAC, but if he wanted to reimburse me i'd be more than happy to accept... he declined my offer...
needless to say, apple still running strong, got new HD for dell... its a great blue ray player haha......

don't expect anyone to give a sh!t about all this, but i feel soooo much better having type it all up all in-grammatically correct and such and what have you and what not