Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

Google SketchUp Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 07:16 PM   #1
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Google SketchUp Thread

So I just discovered Google SketchUp awhile back. I'm not sure how long it has been around, but I didn't see any threads on here about it. I actually discovered it when a few guys mentioned it for designing something.

I tried to learn Solidworks a year or two ago but just couldn't get my head around how to do it well. This program is super easy for me to understand (or my brain has just evolved since then) and I plan on using it to design things for my truck, as well as another trailer.

Does anyone else use GS? What have you designed with it? Any good ideas?
I did a ton of tutorials and I love it so far.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:32 PM   #3
welcome to the incredibuild
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Twistedfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
I use it
Old 02-17-2012, 11:32 PM   #4
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DJ
VanCity4x's Tacoma Gallery
I use it for all my woodworking stuff. Going to build a few more custom projects coming up. Really helps to get a exact design from the concept. I can tweek measurments and add parts to design it to what im looking for.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:34 PM   #5
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Attached Thumbnails
Google SketchUp Thread-img_0336.jpg   Google SketchUp Thread-img_0343.jpg  
Old 02-17-2012, 11:38 PM   #6
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
It's been around since 2000ish.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:38 PM   #7
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistedfreedom View Post

Did you design the bumper for you toyota? That thing looks sick. Why didn't you build it instead of ordering the elite?
Old 02-17-2012, 11:40 PM   #8
Very nice how much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ERS TACOMA View Post
I use it for all my woodworking stuff. Going to build a few more custom projects coming up. Really helps to get a exact design from the concept. I can tweek measurments and add parts to design it to what im looking for.
Do you build furniture and stuff like that? I love this program so far. I just designed a headache rack for my truck.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:43 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
Did you design the bumper for you toyota? That thing looks sick. Why didn't you build it instead of ordering the elite?
because it's easier to have Elite build it. I don't have the equipment to cut everything out and have it be perfect or a jig to hold it all to weld it up.
the rack is being built locally with some modifications.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:45 PM   #11
Very nice how much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
What's going on with this rack ?

Same question... Interested
Old 02-17-2012, 11:46 PM   #12

Quote:
it's the beginning of an exo cage eventually I'm going to sell the bed and go full expo rig.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:47 PM   #13
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
it's the beginning of an exo cage eventually I'm going to sell the bed and go full expo rig.
How is it oriented ?
Old 02-17-2012, 11:47 PM   #14

I haven't figured out att the intricacies of sketchUp yet but you get the idea
Old 02-17-2012, 11:48 PM   #15
Very nice how much?

Quote:
Is said local shop already working on it? We want pics! That rack looks awesome!
Old 02-17-2012, 11:48 PM   #16

Quote:
How is it oriented ?
right being driver front and left being driver rear.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:50 PM   #17
tacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomathunder's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacomathunder
Awesome Find!!! this will actually help me a lot in many different ways- personal and for school! thanks for the post showing this!
Old 02-17-2012, 11:52 PM   #18
Very nice how much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomathunder View Post
Awesome Find!!! this will actually help me a lot in many different ways- personal and for school! thanks for the post showing this!
No problem! Follow the main few video tutorials and you will be golden. It's super simple to use once you know what your doing.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:53 PM   #19
Pork eating crusader. An "infidel".
Jib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant future

Army: 99Z Combat Ninja
Name: Ari
Jib Bandits's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
^^X2
Thanks for sharing this!! I've been planning on fabbing up a few things for my truck and figured I'd start with sliders, since I'm horrible at drawing, this looks like just the thing! downloading now...
Old 02-17-2012, 11:54 PM   #20

the basket will look like this up top (this isn't mine just a unit he had made and ready for another customer) mine will be a foot longer. It won't be ready till mid april.

here are the sliders that the cage will attach to. I pick these up on monday.
Attached Thumbnails
Google SketchUp Thread-img_0614.jpg   Google SketchUp Thread-img_0596.jpg