Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

folder is locked???

Old 02-24-2012, 09:28 AM   #1
spidy3 is a splendid one to beholdspidy3 is a splendid one to beholdspidy3 is a splendid one to beholdspidy3 is a splendid one to beholdspidy3 is a splendid one to beholdspidy3 is a splendid one to beholdspidy3 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Dom
spidy3's Tacoma Gallery
folder is locked???

I got another laptop for xmas, Samsung with Windows 7 on it. Installed a couple programs but nothing crazy and havent really downloaded much on it. I use my older laptop for all that. I tried to open iTunes and it says... "the folder "itunes" is on a locked disc or you do not have write permissions for this folder"

how do I take lock off??? and how do I get itunes to work??? I have tried to uninstall and reinstall and that didnt work.

btw. I have tried to go to properties, security, and give permission to all 3 group/user names and still not working.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:56 PM   #2
thecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thecoldone06's Tacoma Gallery
right click the itunes folder, go to properties, then the security tab. Click advanced, change permissions. Add "everyone" and give it full control. Uncheck "include inheritable permissions..." at the bottom and click add on the popup. Then Check "replace all child object permissions..." and click ok. See what happens.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:31 PM   #3
spidy3 is a splendid one to beholdspidy3 is a splendid one to beholdspidy3 is a splendid one to beholdspidy3 is a splendid one to beholdspidy3 is a splendid one to beholdspidy3 is a splendid one to beholdspidy3 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Dom
spidy3's Tacoma Gallery
Tried it, and didnt work. I tried uninstalling iTunes and reinstalling in another folder, that didnt work either. Weird thing is, I can go into the iTunes folder and open up the other folders and even the "acknowledgements" word file will open up, but I click on the iTunes application and it tells me about the locked folder...gggrrrrrrr