Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

Smart TV or PS3?

Old 02-24-2012, 07:45 PM   #1
hey...I can change this!
kbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kbp68's Tacoma Gallery
Smart TV or PS3?

I'm in the market for a new tv and was looking at the "latest" smart tvs (internet ready). I mentioned to the salesman that the "regular" flatscreens were really coming down in price since these smart tvs come out. He told me that personally,he would grab one of these "regular" tvs and spend the savings on a Playstation 3, hence making it a "smart" tv. I am not a gamer but I like the idea of having that option in addition to blu ray, 3D capability, bluetooth capability and internet browsing and streaming netflix. This all seems too good to be true! Is it?
Old 02-24-2012, 07:47 PM   #3
Super Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Grayson
Super Black Taco's Tacoma Gallery
PS3 does all off that. i would go with the ps3 over the smart tv
Old 02-24-2012, 07:50 PM   #4
4Running
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
I've had a PS3 for about 2 years and never used the blu-ray player. I do use PS3 media server and stream hi-def movies to the Ps3 very happy with that.

Link to a video of PS3 Media Server.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:51 PM   #5
hey...I can change this!
kbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kbp68's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Buy both
I don't make "OZ" bank
Old 02-24-2012, 07:51 PM   #6
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I've used it as a bluray player a few times , mostly use mine for gaming
Old 02-24-2012, 07:52 PM   #7
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah PS3 over TV in a heart beat.. PS3 media center is awesome, blu-ray player, play old school games, new school games, its hackable, and can do hulu and netflix.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:52 PM   #8
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbp68 View Post
I don't make "OZ" bank
Lol

Futureshop had the 320 gig , with a game and an extra controller on for $299
Old 02-24-2012, 07:53 PM   #9
hey...I can change this!

kbp68's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody use blutooth accessories? (headphones, speakers, keyboard) Any issues?
Old 02-24-2012, 07:53 PM   #10

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Yeah PS3 over TV in a heart beat.. PS3 media center is awesome, blu-ray player, play old school games, new school games, its hackable, and can do hulu and netflix.
I thought the newer ones weren't backwards compatible with PS1 / PS2 ?
Old 02-24-2012, 07:55 PM   #11
4Running
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Anybody use blutooth accessories? (headphones, speakers, keyboard) Any issues?
I use a Blutooth mini keyboard without any issues. The PS3 remote control is worth the extra $.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:56 PM   #12
DrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've used it as a bluray player a few times , mostly use mine for gaming
What you play?
Old 02-24-2012, 07:56 PM   #13
hey...I can change this!

kbp68's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Lol

Futureshop had the 320 gig , with a game and an extra controller on for $299
Forgive my techno ignorance but what is the advantage of having "more gig" on a PS3? Gaming?
Old 02-24-2012, 07:57 PM   #14

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Forgive my techno ignorance but what is the advantage of having "more gig" on a PS3? Gaming?
Media storage
Old 02-24-2012, 07:57 PM   #15

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewH View Post
What you play?
I don't mean on line games
Old 02-24-2012, 08:03 PM   #16
hey...I can change this!

kbp68's Tacoma Gallery
New flatscreen AND a PS3 coming up! My kids are gonna shit their pants!
Old 02-24-2012, 08:04 PM   #17

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
New flatscreen AND a PS3 coming up! My kids are gonna shit their pants!
Old 02-24-2012, 08:06 PM   #18
DrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I don't mean on line games
Cool... I was just asking what games you play.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:08 PM   #19

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewH View Post
Cool... I was just asking what games you play.
I like the GTA series , Killzone , Metal Gear , Formula 1 2012 , GT5 , Assasin's Creed
Old 02-24-2012, 08:09 PM   #20
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I like the GTA series , Killzone , Metal Gear , Formula 1 2012 , GT5 , Assasin's Creed
No NHL.