LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

Need a CCTV system

Old 02-26-2012, 02:19 PM   #1
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
Need a CCTV system

Im tired of breakins, and attempted break ins. on top of security doors, were looking into a cctv system. roughly 4 cameras but i like the idea of expanding up to 8 if need be.

The issue that really quirks me is almost all of them claim "HD" and use lines like "Enjoy crystal clear H.264 playback!" ...at 480 resolution. wtf. in my book that is not hd, and h.264 codec is so overkill for such a lame resolution.

what/where/how should i be looking for? should i get a seperate DVR from cameras? one preassembled system? what cameras should i look for?

i like the idea of motion sensing, especially at night. BUT when they say LED, is this thing going to be glowing under the ease of my roof where i put one to watch my vehicles?

im just looking for some input. Ive installed a system once for a client (i own a computer repair company that will do almost anything with electronics (car/home/audio/computer/xbox etc etc))
Old 02-26-2012, 02:30 PM   #2
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Leds will be IR and not the white visible light u think of.

I've always installed professional shit from our warehouse, never knew much about names/brands.

Always used what the boss ordered, sorry.
no worries that atleast answered my one question. Now that you mention it, IR is different from normal LED lol appreciate it.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:12 PM   #3
Busting hymens since 2014
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
I have heard good things about www.Vuezone.com but I have not used it.

Cameras are all wireless and battery powered. Run over WiFi. Video is stored on off site servers. You can be emailed or texted when motion is captured. You can view live or recorded video from any computer or smartphone anywhere.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by db View Post
I have heard good things about www.Vuezone.com but I have not used it.

Cameras are all wireless and battery powered. Run over WiFi. Video is stored on off site servers. You can be emailed or texted when motion is captured. You can view live or recorded video from any computer or smartphone anywhere.
shweeet. wireless cameras excite me, but the battery power bugs me but im sure i can hardwire em. thanks for the link. ill check them out.