Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

HDTV/DTV Tuner Set Top Boxes...

Old 03-09-2012, 09:22 AM   #1
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
HDTV/DTV Tuner Set Top Boxes...

...anyone have any recommendations?... keep in mind, i'm not interested in a "converter", ..but a ATSC tuner that i can feed to an older LCDTV, which only has a built-in NTSC tuner (not ATSC)... so basically, i can't get OTA HD until i get the right tuner..

looking around i've seen this seems to be a little bit of a "niche" market for these things,.. many seem to be combo devices (DVR, DVD, even VHS), ...though i don't need superflous stuff especially if it costs more money..

what i'm interested in:

- ATSC tuning
- HDMI or DVI out (720p, 1080i)
- stereo audio out, digital audio (toslink, etc) a plus...
Old 03-09-2012, 11:00 PM   #2
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
what do you guys think of this?
http://us.kworld-global.com/main/pro...=28&prodid=253

i can hook up via DVI
Old 03-14-2012, 09:58 PM   #3

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
ok, just got the kworld 295-q de... got it hooked up, and so far it's great! setup was easy, ..and picture looks great (got it connected into the DVI port on the tv)..