Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

Technical Help with youtube links not showing up in posts

Old 05-03-2012, 01:21 PM   #1
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Technical Help with youtube links not showing up in posts

I use FireFox version 12.0

Just recently if someone posts a youtube video I do not see it in their post.

In fact I don't see anything (not even their link)

It's not until I reply to said post (via quote) that I see the link to youtube.

This isn't just on TW either. It's on all other forums I visit.

It started to happen before I upgraded FireFox to 12.0

I have tried opening FireFox in safe mode and disabling all my add-ons and extensions. That didn't help.

I updated all my flash and java. That didn't help.

Anyone have any ideas?

Would it help if I took a screen capture?
Old 05-03-2012, 01:29 PM   #2
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Haha yes we have a technology subforum, install google chrome, problem solved
Old 05-03-2012, 01:39 PM   #3
thecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thecoldone06's Tacoma Gallery
Is the issue only with youtube videos on forums or do videos on the youtube website not work either?
Old 05-03-2012, 01:50 PM   #4
khx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

khx73's Tacoma Gallery
The last update to Firefox I applied (version 13, beta) broke the shockwave flash plugin for some reason. When I viewed a thread with embedded youtube videos, I got the "missing plugin" message along the top, and the missing plugin puzzle-piece icons wherever the videos were supposed to be. I just downloaded and installed flash player from http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ and all was well again.

Enter:
Code:
about:plugins
into your address bar and you'll see a list of active plugins for your browser. Shockwave Flash needs to be there. Mine had disappeared.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:14 PM   #5
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoldone06 View Post
Is the issue only with youtube videos on forums or do videos on the youtube website not work either?
Only youtube.

Vimeo, etc... all show up fine.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:16 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by khx73 View Post
The last update to Firefox I applied (version 13, beta) broke the shockwave flash plugin for some reason. When I viewed a thread with embedded youtube videos, I got the "missing plugin" message along the top, and the missing plugin puzzle-piece icons wherever the videos were supposed to be. I just downloaded and installed flash player from http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ and all was well again.

Enter:
Code:
about:plugins
into your address bar and you'll see a list of active plugins for your browser. Shockwave Flash needs to be there. Mine had disappeared.
See mine doesn't even show the blacked out box with "missing plugin." It's just non-existent.

I did the aboutlugins and Shockwave Flash is there.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:17 PM   #7
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
x2
Old 05-03-2012, 03:19 PM   #8

Here are two screenshots that show what I'm talking about. This is not exclusive to TW, but other forums that embed youtube videos as well.

Look at post #18

Here's me quoting post #18

Old 05-03-2012, 03:20 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
I'm such a creature of habit, that I can not possibly use another browser other than FireFox
Old 05-03-2012, 03:31 PM   #10
khx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

khx73's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting... I see you have AdBlock installed. Maybe you have blocked them by accident? It's acting like they're being filtered out - different than what I had where they just weren't supported.
Click AdBlock's icon and pick Disable on tacomaworld.com, then try it.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:49 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by khx73 View Post
Interesting... I see you have AdBlock installed. Maybe you have blocked them by accident? It's acting like they're being filtered out - different than what I had where they just weren't supported.
Click AdBlock's icon and pick Disable on tacomaworld.com, then try it.
WINNER!!

Thank you so much. My love for TW gets deeper

Must of accidentally blocked youtube.

Lemme go check the other forums really quick