Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

Home Sound System

Old 05-06-2012, 08:38 PM   #1
Banned
4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
4x4jeep's Tacoma Gallery
Home Sound System

What is the best sub for a home sound system? Mainly want it for music not movies. Any input is appreciated.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:51 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Whats your budget? Klipsch makes great loudspeakers but they aren't cheap.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:53 PM   #3
Highspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to behold

Highspeed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4jeep View Post
What is the best sub for a home sound system? Mainly want it for music not movies. Any input is appreciated.
There are too many to list. Lets start with your budget, room size, and tell us about the rest of your system.

Here are some of the "best" to consider:

http://www.jlaudio.com/f113-gloss-ho...bwoofers-96137

http://www.thielaudio.com/THIEL_Site...bs/subwo1.html

http://www.dedicatedaudio.com/inc/sdetail/25578/32440

http://www.dedicatedaudio.com/inc/sdetail/25578/33593

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MLDESC
Old 05-06-2012, 08:59 PM   #4
Banned
4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
4x4jeep's Tacoma Gallery
Id like to keep it at a max of $1000. I currently have a Sony SRT-DE985 and Bose speakers. Not sure of the exact setup my boss just upgraded and gave this stuff to me.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:01 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
$1000 will get you a great sub. Check out Crutchfield.com.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:23 PM   #6
Highspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to behold

Highspeed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4jeep View Post
Id like to keep it at a max of $1000. I currently have a Sony SRT-DE985 and Bose speakers. Not sure of the exact setup my boss just upgraded and gave this stuff to me.
Yep, there are a lot of great subs around $600 or less that would work well in this type of system. A $1000 sub in this system is a little overkill... but if you have a huge room or can't get good bass with one sub try using dual subs. Too much is just right...
Old 05-06-2012, 09:28 PM   #7
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Whats your budget? Klipsch makes great loudspeakers but they aren't cheap.
Klipsch is what I have
Old 05-06-2012, 09:30 PM   #8
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Klipsch is what I have
I want more!
Old 05-06-2012, 09:32 PM   #9
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Last stuff was Klispch, newer stuff J&M Labs/Focal.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:33 PM   #10
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I want more!
I don't have the model numbers memorized but my sub , centre channel and fronts are Klipsch for my man cave
Old 05-06-2012, 09:37 PM   #11
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I don't have the model numbers memorized but my sub , centre channel and fronts are Klipsch for my man cave
I meant I want more Klipsch but it is pretty much pointless for my small room.

Pics of your system is always good. Haha.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:41 AM   #12
mrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Single Anchor Single-Seat Master Race
mrw3685's Tacoma Gallery
You all are thinking all wrong.

If we're talking subwoofers, do your research on dedicated websites like avsforum.com and hometheaterforum.com and you'll find most people recommend not well known sub manufacturers like HSU or SVS to name a few.

I personally have Klipsch Reference for my front 3, and had Klispch in-wall surrounds rounding out my 7.1 setup, until I realized monoprice.com in-wall speakers sounded better than my Klipsch in-wall...and at 1/4 the price. I've had BIC, as well as HSU subwoofers, but right now am sporting a BIC F-12 which is nearly impossibly to beat for the price...but I'm home theater only.

I've personally heard SVS subwoofers, they are nothing short of amazing! Hell, get online and build your own, that's very popular these days as well!
Old 06-07-2012, 02:00 AM   #13
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
as othesr have said, I +1 the Klipsch. Great speakers! However, with a budget like that, I may recommend Focal, this is what I run in my truck and WOW, I cant say enough. Focal is a not an american brand and most have never heard of it, but the sound quality from a system like that is astonishing!