1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bluetooth head set halp! ?? (UPDATE: Mini Review)

Discussion in 'Technology' started by chris4x4, May 9, 2012.

1. May 9, 2012 at 4:18 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 [OP] With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Im thinking of getting a new Bluetooth headset. The choices, and price range is insane! Anyone have any input? Sound output, and comfort is priority. And I dont want it to look like I have a brick stuck to my head either. Right now, Im leaning twards the Jawbone Era. Thoughts?

2. May 9, 2012 at 4:39 PM
    jammdogg

jammdogg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Hillsboro, OR
    Vehicle:
    13 Spruce Mica DCLB
    6" ProComp lift on 35 MT's. ARB Bumper.
  3. May 9, 2012 at 5:00 PM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
  4. May 11, 2012 at 10:07 AM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    Alright....After searching the interwebz, and shopping at a few different stores, I convinced a gal at my local Verizon store to let me try a few out. It seems the online reviews of these dam things go from one end of the spectrum, to the other. people say one is great, and others say the same one sucks ass. Anyway, I was using a Motorola HS850 from 2003, or 2004. Old. Battery life sucked ass. Comfort sucked ass. Sound output....Yup....sucked ass. And it was ugly as shit too, with that stupid assed glowing purple ring on the side of it. Anyway, I tried teh Motorola Elite Silver. Pros: VERY fucking loud. Seemed kinda fragile. It fits over the ear, and the back makes your ear stick out like a circus clown.....or Prince Chrles.....Anyway, If you wear sunglasses, which I do, as AZ Sun will blind you in minuets...its uncomfortable, as the sun glasses want to ride up on the peice that goes over your ear. So....You have one ear that sticks out, and your glasses are crooked.....People might think you got your ass kicked.....and are retarded, 'cause your talking to yourself (the headset has a very little visual profile). Moto also claims it has a 300 foot range away from your device. Not sure what kinda distance altering crack they are smoking, but I got about 25 feet from my phone, and it started to distort. Anyway, in summary, RETURNED!

Next up is the Jawbone ERA. Now....I fucking HATE Jawbone, as it seems every body, and their dog is wearing them. The reviews ran from "GREAT!" to "POS!", so I had to give it a go. It has built in accelerometer, memory, and processor (I guess), so you can change the voice in which it talks to you, and it will speak caller ID in the names of your contacts, though you have to go on their site and set this up. You shake it 4 times or so to get it to pair with your device, then, you can either tap it 2 times to answer/hangup calls, or simply hit the talk button. Biggest ccomplaints are that it has no volume controls. People are stupid. The instructions clearly tell you how to adjust the volume when wearing it, or simply adjust from your phone. People also say its uncomfortable. Welp....It comes with the second to largesst ear thing on it, so I can imagine that if you try to jam the whole fucking thing in your head, Yes....It may be uncomfortable. After trying different ear things, Its very comfortable, stick in my head very well, and I can wear my shades without issue. Now for the call test. People have said it sounds "GREAT!" or "NOT SO GOOD!".....Well.....It sounds fine. Volume is good enough for me, and much louder than the POS I was using. People I have talked to have said I sound really good. As for the noise canceling, I had one friends on the phone, while I was spraying my patio with my garden hose, and spray nosle. People have heard this in the past when I was washing my patio, and talking on the phone, and have asked me to stop. This time, my buddy didnt even hear it. I then sprayed the back of my head. Now......this sounded like a jet engine to me, but my buddy could barely hear it, and only when I wasnt talking. When I began to talk, he said he only heard my voice. The headset also plays my voice navigation fine, and I can do other voice commands with it. Overall, I think Im gonna keep this one.

Products Discussed in

To Top