Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

How to Erase a Hard Drive

Old 06-10-2012, 04:37 PM   #1
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
How to Erase a Hard Drive

My Wife told me I had to come up with a way to erase the data on our old hard drive, without shooting it, or blowing it up......or putting it in the oven. SO......Here's the vids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpGbrcVb4NU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2QmJJnA7C0
Old 06-10-2012, 04:41 PM   #2
Matrix
12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Space Command
Name: Steve
12Tac's Tacoma Gallery
Well that will do it... you can't use it and anyone else can't use it.

Nicely done.

12Tac
Old 06-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #3
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
flip flops and saw zaws. . . The American Way.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #4
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery

only Chris would hold something with his foot (and flip flop) that close to a moving sawzal blade
Old 06-10-2012, 04:49 PM   #5
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
apply to geek squad and show them these videos when they ask about your computer experience
Old 06-10-2012, 04:50 PM   #6
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
flip flops and saw zaws. . . The American Way.
Yeah, but they were steel toed Flip Flops....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcBob View Post
apply to geek squad and show them these videos when they ask about your computer experience
Thats a dam good idea! In fact.......I may bring them the hard drive, and tell them Im having a hard time getting my data off it.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:50 PM   #7
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcBob View Post
Old 06-10-2012, 04:54 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post

only Chris would hold something with his foot (and flip flop) that close to a moving sawzal blade
You just have to make sure that the bussiness end of the sawzall doesnt come into contact with the feet......

FWIW, I dont endorse the use of power tools without the propper safety gear being worn....I had a few drinks today, and didnt feel like putting on my work boots in 100+* weather......and I dont condone the use of power tools while/after drinking.....
Old 06-10-2012, 04:56 PM   #9
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
So you can deal with removing/cutting/installing a new oven without hurting yourself but you can't cut up a HD without a small nick?
Old 06-10-2012, 04:56 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haslefre View Post
So you can deal with removing/cutting/installing a new oven without hurting yourself but you can't cut up a HD without a small nick?
Evidently.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:58 PM   #11
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Evidently.
I would say that is impressive. Don't worry though, I tend to let the drill bit get away from me too when I am doing something on metal.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:59 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haslefre View Post
I would say that is impressive. Don't worry though, I tend to let the drill bit get away from me too when I am doing something on metal.
That was some crazy assed metal too! 2 fucking holes drilled into the unit, and only 1 thru the platter? I was looking around to see if David Copperfield was fucking with me!
Old 06-10-2012, 04:59 PM   #13
MBU Ninja
Tat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricker
Tat2dTaco's Tacoma Gallery
You should build a huge Gauss cannon and destroy it with the power of mormons!!
Old 06-10-2012, 04:59 PM   #14
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Amazing peticure!
Just did not expect 5 toes on each foot.
well played sir!
Old 06-10-2012, 05:00 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tat2dTaco View Post
You should build a huge Gauss cannon and destroy it with the power of mormons!!
I actually tryin to build a small cannon right now, but my Wife hid the fucking barrel from me
Old 06-10-2012, 05:00 PM   #16
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
I like how you use proper safety equipment with sandals. o.O
Old 06-10-2012, 05:01 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH-MAN View Post
Amazing peticure!
Just did not expect 5 toes on each foot.
well played sir!
Thankfully, I still have all my didgits!......however, the small toes on my right foot dont move any more for some reason.......
Old 06-10-2012, 05:01 PM   #18
MBU Ninja
Tat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricker
Tat2dTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I actually tryin to build a small cannon right now, but my Wife hid the fucking barrel from me
How do you hide a cannon barrel?
Old 06-10-2012, 05:01 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipreferwater View Post
I like how you use proper safety equipment with sandals. o.O
Old 06-10-2012, 05:02 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tat2dTaco View Post
How do you hide a cannon barrel?
I dont fucking know.....She also hid my motorcycle helmet years ago.