1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Movies skipping

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Airborne09, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Jun 13, 2012 at 2:42 AM
    Airborne09

Airborne09 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Fort Richardson, AK
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    4" Rough Country, flat black alluminum wheels, 33" BFG A/T, custom exhaust
    So a little back story on the issue...

I'm here in Afghanistan, and about 2 weeks ago we had an attack on our base. Anyways, there was an explosion and sent a blast wave that messed a lot of shit up. I had my computer in my room, and was watching a movie when it all started and then when I came back a few hours later after everything was over, I had a blue screen (I don't remember what it said it was for, all in the heat on the moment.)
    Back to the issue. When I'm watching movies just randomly it will pause for a few seconds then the audio will start back up and take a few more seconds for the video to catch up. It doesn't matter if I'm playing the movie off the computers HDD, or one of my externals. It doesn't do it for anything else, like games of other programs, just movies.
    Like I said though, it all started after the blast and I'm thinking that something inside got jiggled loose, or what. If anyone has any ideas what it could be, and able to help me out it'd be greatly appriciated.

Computer is an ASUS G73, if that helps any on the troubleshooting.

2. Jun 13, 2012 at 3:37 AM
    ProForce

ProForce IG @proforce.expeditions OB#5411

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    SoCal - Fontana
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM TRD Sport DCSB 4.0 Auto 2wd
    Too many to list. See build page. Link in signature
    First off, glad your ok. Hope all your brothers and sisters out there are holding in there too. God Bless you guys!!

Anyways, I'm no computer wiz by any means but my step mom happens to be the biggest PC geek I know (IT manager for a large company) and one thing I learned is that blue screens are ALWAYS bad! Not to ruin your day, anything electrical can be fixed, but with limited resources from your current location that could be difficult.

Underneath your PC should be several screws. May not gain you access to the entire inside, but the important parts will be exposed. Start by removing all the under panels to expose components such as your ram, hdd, processor, etc. Remove and reinsert ram sticks. Check any viable connections. This would be my first check, but honestly I wouldn't expect it to be a simple solution. Given that your games work fine, that leads mr to believe its not your graphics card, which is what I originally suspected. Also your sound card is a suspect too. Could be a format error meaning that whatever file contains the particular codec to read your movie may be damaged or missing. Your video player software may have been corrupted during the CPU crash. The blue screen makes me thing this is definitely a software corruption and not a hardware failure. I known this is no help, and I might make no sense, but thought I'd try :rolleyes: good luck

3. Jun 13, 2012 at 5:46 AM
    Airborne09

Airborne09 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Fort Richardson, AK
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    4" Rough Country, flat black alluminum wheels, 33" BFG A/T, custom exhaust
    Hey its start, and somewhere to start looking. So thank you for your help. And will let you know what I find.

Products Discussed in

To Top