Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

Easy Website development

Old 06-18-2012, 09:12 PM   #1
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Question Easy Website development

Hi all,

I currently own a domain, for more than a couple years now actually, but ive never been able to finish it, at first I was using swish and bought a template, but since the site design wasnt entirely my taste i begun to modify it to fit my needs, of course since I not a web developer and it took too much time to program the movies, so I want to switch to an easier platform where i can edit the site and all without too much of a hassle, that and the thing that iOS devices cant see flash, any suggestions on how to start?
Old 06-18-2012, 09:14 PM   #2
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
no advice, but I'd love to learn a few things on this too! cant wait for some answers here!
Old 06-18-2012, 09:19 PM   #3
Catbone is one of the sharper tools in the shedCatbone is one of the sharper tools in the shedCatbone is one of the sharper tools in the shedCatbone is one of the sharper tools in the shedCatbone is one of the sharper tools in the shedCatbone is one of the sharper tools in the shedCatbone is one of the sharper tools in the shedCatbone is one of the sharper tools in the shedCatbone is one of the sharper tools in the shedCatbone is one of the sharper tools in the shedCatbone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Catbone's Tacoma Gallery
Hang tight for a few months - the software nazis at appul may give in to the Html5 tidal wave.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:21 PM   #4
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbone View Post
Hang tight for a few months - the software nazis at appul may give in to the Html5 tidal wave.
could be... haha

but anyways, I was reading about joomla, I downloaded a template, but i got to say I don't understand a bit of it
Old 06-19-2012, 12:11 AM   #5
joesmith is on a distinguished road
joesmith's Tacoma Gallery
Install Wordpress and use one of the many free templates or buy a template. Wordpress is pretty easy and there are lots of plugins you can use. I would say Wordpress is definitively more user friendly than Joomla.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:20 PM   #6

Thanks Joe, Ill give it a try today and see what is it about...
Old 06-24-2012, 08:54 AM   #7
Schwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jamie
Schwinn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesmith View Post
Install Wordpress and use one of the many free templates or buy a template. Wordpress is pretty easy and there are lots of plugins you can use. I would say Wordpress is definitively more user friendly than Joomla.
Yup, Wordpress is more non-developer friendly, while Joomla is more customizable, but takes more developement knowledge. It's kind of in between Wordpress and Drupal. And the nice thing is that it is such a popular platform, the resources are endless.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:48 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwinn View Post
Yup, Wordpress is more non-developer friendly, while Joomla is more customizable, but takes more developement knowledge. It's kind of in between Wordpress and Drupal. And the nice thing is that it is such a popular platform, the resources are endless.
I downloaded and installed wordpress as a test, but the PHP is not updated, so im gonna need my web host to update that first
Old 06-24-2012, 12:25 PM   #9
Schwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jamie
Schwinn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
I downloaded and installed wordpress as a test, but the PHP is not updated, so im gonna need my web host to update that first
What version of PHP are they using? And does your host package include PHP? I still find the odd host that doesn't.
Old 07-22-2012, 12:08 AM   #10
I Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I Liquid I's Tacoma Gallery
Depending on the site you want to make... you could use Webstarts. They have templates or you can make it from scratch. I did mine from scratch. You can see it here: www.paradisuspools.com
Old 07-22-2012, 12:20 AM   #11
acmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
acmair's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure what kind of site you're looking for, but HTML5 is the future. And if you want nice templates, check out themeforest.net, i use it for all my web stuff. Good luck man!