Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

Samsung Galaxy S2 & 3

Old 06-20-2012, 11:59 PM   #1
"Change is inevitable, but growth is optional."
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
tacomarotto's Tacoma Gallery
Samsung Galaxy S2 & 3

So I've never had a smart phone and im gonna give it a try. Ive had a shit phone for a LONG time and i got my eyes on the Galaxy S2

does anyone have this phone?

I have been doing ALOT of reading up on these things and im thinking im going to buy one tomorrow.

Just recently i found that the Galaxy S3 was release TONIGHT! pretty cool. So now im wondering if i should hold out for a few more days until i can snag one of these new ones.

any input? personal experiences with these phones?
Old 06-21-2012, 12:02 AM   #3
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

you have the S2?
Old 06-21-2012, 09:24 AM   #4

bump?
Old 06-21-2012, 09:35 AM   #5
Jedi7Taco is a glorious beacon of lightJedi7Taco is a glorious beacon of lightJedi7Taco is a glorious beacon of lightJedi7Taco is a glorious beacon of lightJedi7Taco is a glorious beacon of light

Marines: 0621 Field Radio Operator, Cpl
Name: Josh
Jedi7Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Wait for the S3, awsome phone. Go to droid-life or android central and read the reviews of the S3. There will be tons of support from the dev community for this phone just like the S2, if you're into that (xda-developers). Why would you get an S2 when the S3 is out.

I have the galaxy nexus (more of developer phone, pure google)

Do it, the screen alone is worth it, plus 2 gigs of ram, crazy.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:40 AM   #6
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomarotto View Post
So I've never had a smart phone ... (snip)
Hey, if you wait just a few more weeks, the Galaxy S4 will be available. The next model will likely be available not very long after that, but will probably be named something other than Galaxy - they like to change names occasionally just to make the lastest model sound newer, when all it really offers is a better screen and more ram the entire product line should have had in the first place.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:44 AM   #7
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
DEFINITELY wait for the S3. I need to get mine preordered by the end of the month (Verizon is essentially getting rid of all unlimited data plans, and if you upgrade before July 1 you're grandfathered in to your old plan) but the S3 is gonna be sick. It's got faster processers than my damn laptop and that screen Phones get outdated quickly enough, why buy the S2 that is already outdated?
Old 06-21-2012, 09:47 AM   #8
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tacoman15's Tacoma Gallery
I had the S and it sucked. I have never had any luck with Samsung phones though. If you do want to get the S3 I would wait a for a little so they can fix any bugs that may occur. That is just me though.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:50 AM   #9
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Any bugs will get fixed with updates. Although if you're like me you haven't done an OTA update in quite awhile
Old 06-21-2012, 09:53 AM   #10
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTaco View Post
Any bugs will get fixed with updates. Although if you're like me you haven't done an OTA update in quite awhile
Yes but sometimes updates take way too long to come out or the phone is just filled with problems. Like on my old Galaxy S.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:57 AM   #11

MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
That's why I started using custom ROMs... the developers tend to be much more in tune with what people want and are quicker to fix things.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:02 AM   #12
Stop staring at me swan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTaco View Post
That's why I started using custom ROMs... the developers tend to be much more in tune with what people want and are quicker to fix things.
Ah well you know much more about phones and how they work than I do lol cause you lost me there but just to throw my .02 out there I have a Droid X and have dropped it numerous times (not on purpose ) and it still works like a champ. In my opinion Motorola makes a damn sturdy phone.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:07 AM   #13
scionicboom is on a distinguished road
Name: Aaron
scionicboom's Tacoma Gallery
If money is not an option then I would get the S3. Slightly faster processor, faster bootup, 720x1280 screen. I also like the new Smart Stay feature.

The only reason I wouldn't get one is the size is just too big for my hands. I love my S1. It had a lot of bugs when it first came out, bud I rooted it and installed a custom ROM and it performs awesome. My brother and father have the S2, but I used it for a day and had trouble answering phone calls with one hand because of the extra size.

The biggest issue with the S2 at least in my area is the call reception is horrible. There is a very loud echo coming from brother and my father's S2. They can't hear it, but the person on the end can and it makes it very hard to understand them. I told them both to go back to the store to let them know and maybe get replacements as the first batch may have had something going on.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:08 AM   #14
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewartx View Post
Hey, if you wait just a few more weeks, the Galaxy S4 will be available.
wut
Old 06-21-2012, 10:11 AM   #15
Artificial Intelligence beats natural stupidity
easyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
easyeatlanta's Tacoma Gallery
i preordered my s3 within the first hour you could
Old 06-21-2012, 10:39 AM   #16
Jones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jones's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have ATT and preordered the S3, know when it is going to ship. I am on the fence on preordering the phone before a know ship date. Or is the ship date out there and I just haven't seen it anywhere.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:18 PM   #17

i appreciate all the input guys. thanks

I have some things i forgot to mention that i need to take into account

-Im going to germany on July 1st and i am in need of a smart phone.
-The S3 will be sold by the time im in Germany and got delayed until June 28th
-I found a killer price for the Galaxy S2 Skyrocket with 4G/LTE for $59.99 free shipping.

thinking i might have to do the S2 skyrocket
Old 06-21-2012, 06:28 PM   #18

soooooo baiscally i ordered the phone...
Old 06-21-2012, 06:29 PM   #19

i feel so outdated. i dont know jack shyt about smart phones.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:36 PM   #20
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
samsung invited my buddy out to new york to test the S3. sounds pretty sick