Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

Android ICS 4.0 and Jelly Bean 4.1

Old 06-27-2012, 12:06 PM   #1
Special Edition Member
Gincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
Android ICS 4.0 and Jelly Bean 4.1

WTH I been waiting for ICS to come to my motorola RAZR and google is already introducing Jelly Bean 4.1, does anyone know when ICS will be availbe to Moto RAZR. Its really irratating now
Old 06-27-2012, 12:14 PM   #2
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
i've been using custom roms from xda-developers.com since there was never an offical ICS release for my galaxy s. if you wanna go the unofficial route and aren't afraid of rooting your phone, try out the already available ICS roms for the razr http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1363
Old 06-30-2012, 01:53 AM   #3
Special Edition Member
Gincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
was going to go that route but tonight ICS finally came to the RAZR after months of waiting....its like I got a brand new phone....I love it
Old 06-30-2012, 03:07 AM   #4
keggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bill
keggerdude's Tacoma Gallery
me too tcbob..XDA is where its at..
Old 06-30-2012, 07:14 AM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gincoma View Post
was going to go that route but tonight ICS finally came to the RAZR after months of waiting....its like I got a brand new phone....I love it
X2. Made a fast phone faster!
Old 06-30-2012, 07:16 AM   #6
TacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
TacOffRoad11's Tacoma Gallery
I finally received ICS is this morning.....The verdict is still out for me. I wish I was able to hide apps that I dont use....ie bloatware.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:21 AM   #7
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacOffRoad11 View Post
I finally received ICS is this morning.....The verdict is still out for me. I wish I was able to hide apps that I dont use....ie bloatware.
You can disable them. Go into the "Manage apps" area, touch the particular app you want disabled, and select "Disable". It pretty much removes it from viewing, and running.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:25 AM   #8
Schwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jamie
Schwinn's Tacoma Gallery
I've been waiting for ICS for my Tab 10.1 since day 1. It isn't 3g, so there's no carrier rapeware to install, so I can't figure out what the delay is. Driving me nuts!

As for rooting the phone, I'd love to, but I need the phone for my business and am worried about screwing up the warranty.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:17 AM   #9
Special Edition Member

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
You can disable them. Go into the "Manage apps" area, touch the particular app you want disabled, and select "Disable". It pretty much removes it from viewing, and running.
love that feature...I only need apps that are necessary.... seems like the phone is smoother now
Old 06-30-2012, 10:54 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gincoma View Post
love that feature...I only need apps that are necessary.... seems like the phone is smoother now
It is. And the new browser is much faster than the old one.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:00 AM   #11
Special Edition Member

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
It is. And the new browser is much faster than the old one.
I been using opera mobile with ginger bread now it looks like I'll stick with the new browser
Old 06-30-2012, 11:10 AM   #12
soxsdaddy is on a distinguished road

soxsdaddy's Tacoma Gallery
Use chrome beta if you have ics
Old 06-30-2012, 02:31 PM   #13
keggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bill
keggerdude's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwinn View Post
I've been waiting for ICS for my Tab 10.1 since day 1. It isn't 3g, so there's no carrier rapeware to install, so I can't figure out what the delay is. Driving me nuts!

As for rooting the phone, I'd love to, but I need the phone for my business and am worried about screwing up the warranty.
you can always revert to stock firmware whenever..
Old 06-30-2012, 03:27 PM   #15
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by soxsdaddy View Post
Use chrome beta if you have ics
As of a few days ago, it is no longer in beta form. Pretty nice browser.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/27/g...medium=twitter
Old 06-30-2012, 04:26 PM   #16
soxsdaddy is on a distinguished road

soxsdaddy's Tacoma Gallery
You are right just checked it out and it is no longer beta.
But it's by far the best browser I've used on android or ios
Old 06-30-2012, 04:27 PM   #17
Tortoise*
IndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: AJ
IndigoTac07's Tacoma Gallery
Root FTMFW!
Old 06-30-2012, 04:30 PM   #18
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
I use skyfire for a browser myself
Old 06-30-2012, 04:44 PM   #19
Schwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jamie
Schwinn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by keggerdude View Post
you can always revert to stock firmware whenever..
I've thought that, but what happens to your installed stuff, does it stay, or get erased? The other question I have is, for example, right now, my phone is doing all kinds of bizarre issues, which may or may not be software related (I haven't taken it in yet, because I'm afraid they'll offer to replace it with an upgrade, but only if I sign a new contract...and I refuse to do that with Rogers). What are the chances of something catastrophic happening where I have to take it in, and can't revert to stock?
Old 06-30-2012, 04:57 PM   #20
Doc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doc
Doc35's Tacoma Gallery
IPhone for the win.