Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

Laptop Battery replacement

Old 07-04-2012, 10:07 AM   #1
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Laptop Battery replacement

Who online has the best deals for replacement laptop batteries? Mine is a dell 1545..I don't want to spend the money dell wants but am a little skimmish about buying a battery for only 35 bucks off of Amazon.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:11 AM   #2
that was'nt a vitamin!!
pippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pippen
pippen's Tacoma Gallery
I've bought them off ebay before, the cheapest ones lasted about a year or so, same with chargers, but if you buy 2 for less than the price of one dell one then it aint that bad, if you don't mind changing them out more often. Also if your laptop is always plugged in at your desk its better for the battery life if you remove it.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:11 PM   #3
khx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

khx73's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered one off Amazon for an Inspiron 1525 last year. Can't beat the price. Got the high-capacity one too. Works great.
Remember, heat is probably the #1 enemy to the battery chemistry. The battery that came with the laptop died prematurely due to always being installed, plugged into AC and rarely run off battery. Not a whole lot you can do where its a laptop to avoid heat. But just know that it accelerates the permanent capacity loss of Lithium Ion batteries, as well as other chemistry.

Lots of info here on this type of thing if you're interested...
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a...ased_batteries
Old 07-05-2012, 02:41 AM   #4
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by khx73 View Post
Just ordered one off Amazon for an Inspiron 1525 last year. Can't beat the price. Got the high-capacity one too. Works great.
Remember, heat is probably the #1 enemy to the battery chemistry. The battery that came with the laptop died prematurely due to always being installed, plugged into AC and rarely run off battery. Not a whole lot you can do where its a laptop to avoid heat. But just know that it accelerates the permanent capacity loss of Lithium Ion batteries, as well as other chemistry.

Lots of info here on this type of thing if you're interested...
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a...ased_batteries
Thanks, I do always leave my battery installed but....I use it a lot of times off the battery in fact ran it down all the way more than a few times I read somewhere where you shouldn't do that. Looking forward to reading the article.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:00 AM   #5
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
Who online has the best deals for replacement laptop batteries? Mine is a dell 1545..I don't want to spend the money dell wants but am a little skimmish about buying a battery for only 35 bucks off of Amazon.
I bought two of them for my and my wife's Dells. They work fine. Don't buy the battery from Dell. Just look at the Amazon reviews and make sure most people like it.