1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Laptop Battery replacement

Discussion in 'Technology' started by coffeesnob, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Jul 4, 2012 at 10:07 AM
    coffeesnob

coffeesnob [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    Who online has the best deals for replacement laptop batteries? Mine is a dell 1545..I don't want to spend the money dell wants but am a little skimmish about buying a battery for only 35 bucks off of Amazon.

2. Jul 4, 2012 at 11:11 AM
    pippen

pippen that was'nt a vitamin!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Pippen
    Eastern NC
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner Ext.
    I've bought them off ebay before, the cheapest ones lasted about a year or so, same with chargers, but if you buy 2 for less than the price of one dell one then it aint that bad, if you don't mind changing them out more often. Also if your laptop is always plugged in at your desk its better for the battery life if you remove it.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Jul 4, 2012 at 7:11 PM
    khx73

khx73 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Saint John NB, CAN
    Vehicle:
    11 MGM DCLB TRD Sport +leather
    Rear camera anytime switch, 4x4 Illuminated Switch (from rcbs204) , rear view mirror lift bracket (from ImMrYo), 75 cent tailgate anti-theft. Technically not mods but give me a break I'm trying to fill space here... OEM Leather pkg, keyless unlock & ACC chime silence, BakFlip G2, Ultra Gauge EM, WeatherTech floor mats, OEM roof rack
    Just ordered one off Amazon for an Inspiron 1525 last year. Can't beat the price. Got the high-capacity one too. Works great.
    Remember, heat is probably the #1 enemy to the battery chemistry. The battery that came with the laptop died prematurely due to always being installed, plugged into AC and rarely run off battery. Not a whole lot you can do where its a laptop to avoid heat. But just know that it accelerates the permanent capacity loss of Lithium Ion batteries, as well as other chemistry.

Lots of info here on this type of thing if you're interested...
    http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

4. Jul 5, 2012 at 2:41 AM
    coffeesnob

coffeesnob [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    Thanks, I do always leave my battery installed but....I use it a lot of times off the battery in fact ran it down all the way more than a few times I read somewhere where you shouldn't do that. Looking forward to reading the article.

5. Jul 5, 2012 at 10:00 AM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    I bought two of them for my and my wife's Dells. They work fine. Don't buy the battery from Dell. Just look at the Amazon reviews and make sure most people like it.

Products Discussed in

To Top