Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

Anyone use Straight Talk?

Old 07-06-2012, 05:52 PM   #1
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone use Straight Talk?

Was just wondering how their service is and if there is a reason to stay clear of them? Am considering switching to them when my Verizon contract is up.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:56 PM   #2
Soon to be west coast
11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FC1(SW/SS) Non Lethal Weapons Instructor Former STS SUBMARINES
Name: Jay
11TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
Was just wondering how their service is and if there is a reason to stay clear of them? Am considering switching to them when my Verizon contract is up.
I am looking into this myself. Walmart was advertising a plan for 45 bucks a month no contract, unlimited talk text and web. Im tired of dealing with sprint. Subd
Old 07-06-2012, 06:01 PM   #3
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11TRD View Post
I am looking into this myself. Walmart was advertising a plan for 45 bucks a month no contract, unlimited talk text and web. Im tired of dealing with sprint. Subd
Well I don't know if I'll get a good answer since they run off all the big 3's towers. In case you're not familiar, it depends on which phone you buy to what carrier's towers you use.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11TRD View Post
I was planning on getting an unlocked GSM phone off ebay. Not sure which to go with.
Me too, not from Ebay, but looking at buying an Iphone 3s from a co-worker when he upgrades. I was told I can call ST and get them to send me a sim card to make it compatible. Only downside is I'd rather have a phone that runs off Verizon's towers.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:19 PM   #6

Oh and btw my step daughter just bought her a ST phone last night. She got impatient waiting for our contract renewal/expiration wanting to upgrade to a smart phone. We'll see how it goes.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:25 PM   #8
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
FWIW ... Clark Howard (ClarkHoward.com) likes Straight Talk ... but ... reception is based on carrier towers in your area.

With discount cell services ... research which towers are used in your call area (and nationally).

One discount service uses Verizon towers (probably the best), but I can't remember who it was.

PS ... I think Verizon is CDMA and AT&T is GSM.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:29 PM   #9
that was'nt a vitamin!!
pippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pippen
pippen's Tacoma Gallery
I have a ST phone for a year so far, Its ok, cheap and it works, you can get a unlimited $45 card or I think a $30 one that has 1000 mins & txts. Downside for me was limited internet functionality, I could search stuff but not always view it. Having a really cool phone with ST seems like a waste to me, I have a fullkeyboard one by Samsung, its basic, no games or anything really.

I'm getting a plan on my mothers Verizon now since they have HTC Incredibles for $0.10 at Wal-Mart, I miss my contract phone so I'm going back, this time I'll be jailbreaking the SOB
Old 07-09-2012, 01:30 PM   #10
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOSHeloPilot View Post

PS ... I think Verizon is CDMA and AT&T is GSM.
Correct.