Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

Parting out a 2008 custom gaming build - make an offer....

Old 07-10-2012, 10:36 PM   #1
Give 'er
wtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
wtbthree's Tacoma Gallery
Arrow Parting out a 2008 custom gaming build - make an offer....

Hey folks,

I've been totally out of the world of custom built systems for a few years now, and no longer use or am in need of my system I built in '08.

I know components depreciate in value FAST - so I'm sure my system isn't worth much anymore, prob 50% of what I paid at most, I'm not sure. (it was ~ $1300 new when built in '08) - but I'm wondering what I might expect to get for some of these parts.

I'm trying to decide what is even worth the trouble of trying to sell. Some, like the PSU are newer and have held their value.

If you're interested in any of these components, let me know what you think is a fair, or reasonable asking price. Make an offer if you like. I'm happy to group things together and would be willing to look at trades or partial trades for Tacoma parts

Here's a breakdown of the components available:

Antec 1200 case ($214 new)

Asus P5N-D Mobo

EVGA 9800GTX vid card ($300 new - prob worth next to nothing now)

Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz

6 gigs RAM total
(2 x 1Gig Super Talent and 2 x 2Gigs G.skill)

Arctic 7 freezer pro cpu cooler

ZALMAN VF1000 VGA Cooler (added in 2010 - worth $58 new - ~ $50 now)

PSU: Corsair HX 750 (modular)

(This was added in 2010 - worth $170 new - now going for $145 on le newegg)

ASUS 24X DVD Burner

Rosewill RCR-IC002 74-in-1 USB 2.0 3.5" Internal Card Reader w/ USB port / Extra silver face plate

Cheers,

WB
Old 07-15-2012, 03:52 AM   #2
ne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erick Iglesias
ne0tas's Tacoma Gallery
Here's what you can get for each if some seperatly(simply my opinion from what I've seen sold on forums):

Case: ~60 bucks? not sure what used cases go for
Motherboard: maybe like 20..30 bucks
Cpu:35-45 bucks if it's a good overclocker the higher the price
Ram: 30-40 bucks (mixing different stick brands is bad btw)
gpu: about..40 bucks
psu: 50 bucks..maybe.

It's pretty old hardware. You're not gonna get much out of it.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:08 AM   #3
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Sounds like a nice setup, I don't know much about computers to be honest. I like the case. Been wanting a gaming setup for awhile for a few games I would rather play on PC over xbox 360, but oh well.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:15 PM   #4
Give 'er
wtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ne0tas View Post
Here's what you can get for each if some seperatly(simply my opinion from what I've seen sold on forums):

Case: ~60 bucks? not sure what used cases go for
Motherboard: maybe like 20..30 bucks
Cpu:35-45 bucks if it's a good overclocker the higher the price
Ram: 30-40 bucks (mixing different stick brands is bad btw)
gpu: about..40 bucks
psu: 50 bucks..maybe.

It's pretty old hardware. You're not gonna get much out of it.
Thanks for the estimates, I think you're about on the mark, though I would have guessed a little higher for the PSU - we'll see what any offers are that come in.

And yea, I don't expect to get much for it, but if I can make ~$220 total, that's $220 that's not sitting on the floor and can go to a new lift kit...
Old 07-15-2012, 11:16 PM   #5
Give 'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
Sounds like a nice setup, I don't know much about computers to be honest. I like the case. Been wanting a gaming setup for awhile for a few games I would rather play on PC over xbox 360, but oh well.
I hear ya. I actually picked up an Xbox controller to use with my system, works flawlessly - I had some games I liked playing on analog controller much more than keyboard (ie Dirt 2, or racing games)