LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

Geek help on new E mail

Old 07-13-2012, 05:38 PM   #1
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Geek help on new E mail

Done with Yahoo , we have been hacked 2 times in 2 years, Help,,, Thanks for your time, Jim
Old 07-13-2012, 05:40 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Im still rocking AOL, and have NO ISESUES!!!
Old 07-13-2012, 05:42 PM   #3
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
X2!
Old 07-13-2012, 05:43 PM   #4
Never take the bait
Jasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stop giving me nicknames
Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
Main reason is someone is opening emails from people they don't know.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:44 PM   #5
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
can't beat gmail. . . not super crazy about the new format, but ive got used to it. it's just set up the best IMO.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:56 PM   #6
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
Main reason is someone is opening emails from people they don't know.
We never open emails from peeps we do not know. yahoo put out yesterday they have had 7000 emails addys hacked in the last 6 mo.. We were one. back to no CC# SS# or anything on the comp.that do not want the bad peeps to get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
can't beat gmail. . . not super crazy about the new format, but ive got used to it. it's just set up the best IMO.
gmail is what the only IT cat I know told me. but whatever it is must be EZ to sit up.I just got the copy and paste thing going. Jim
Old 07-13-2012, 06:40 PM   #7
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL

Anyone know anything about Hushmail.com?? They are good is what Ive heard but they are based in not crazy about third world stuff...
Old 07-13-2012, 06:42 PM   #8
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post
Anyone know anything about Hushmail.com?? They are good is what Ive heard but they are based in not crazy about third world stuff...
Their "Email" probably involves an envelope, and stamps...
Old 07-13-2012, 07:08 PM   #9
that was'nt a vitamin!!
pippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pippen
pippen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've used hushmail before, they are really into their privacy, you'll see alot people wanting to not be found or messed with use it. Most of all your password and opening odd looking emails is your best defense. Even with Gmail you can still be broken into, big email providers draw unwanted attention. Change password alittle bit, once a year (prolly should be more but most people think of hassle to remember multiple passwds), make sure its atleast 7 letters and number and aLtErNaTiNg caps helps too along with some symbols (~!@#$%^&*()_+, etc...)
Old 07-13-2012, 07:28 PM   #10
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL

Quote:
Originally Posted by pippen View Post
I've used hushmail before, they are really into their privacy, you'll see alot people wanting to not be found or messed with use it. Most of all your password and opening odd looking emails is your best defense. Even with Gmail you can still be broken into, big email providers draw unwanted attention. Change password alittle bit, once a year (prolly should be more but most people think of hassle to remember multiple passwds), make sure its atleast 7 letters and number and aLtErNaTiNg caps helps too along with some symbols (~!@#$%^&*()_+, etc...)
Do you still use Hushmail?? One of the Kids (35) in the fam. works for BOA and he uses it says its been good for the privacy thing.. Jim
Old 07-13-2012, 09:59 PM   #11
that was'nt a vitamin!!
pippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pippen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Do you still use Hushmail?? One of the Kids (35) in the fam. works for BOA and he uses it says its been good for the privacy thing.. Jim
No, I don't use it currently, was using my own email (ran it with webserver) for awhile now I use my old account which was sold to mail.com, which is'nt anything special at all LOL
Old 07-13-2012, 10:01 PM   #12
yippee ki yay mother cluckers
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
go with gmail, so easy a caveman could do it.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:16 AM   #13
40 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
If your online now doesn't your plan have web space and e-mail included.
If it does why not use that??
Old 07-14-2012, 09:25 AM   #14
Bangers Runner
GotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GotLift37's Tacoma Gallery
i still use hotmail.. same account since 2001
Old 07-14-2012, 09:55 AM   #15
"Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
Goggle is by far the worst offender when it comes to tracking/profiling their clients(members). They will keep track of everything you do within their realm -goggle search/gmail/goggle maps/goggle earth/chrome surfing/goo tube- and bundle it up to make a nice little profile of you. I realize that this is no different than any of the rest of our overlords these days, but they want to control ALL of our online activities and their reach is ever-growing.

I dumped my gmail account last year and will never go back. It was a royal PITA to get rid of it too. Even then, they let me know they'd be holding onto every message I ever sent or rcvd for at least six months after I was gone. I even avoid using their search unless I absolutely can't find what I'm looking for via other methods and I use crapquest or my garmin software for any mapping needs. Not a fan.

Sorry about not answering your question OP, but I don't know of any providers that are worth a damn nowadays. I just use several accounts with different providers to keep all of my stuff from being in one easily-accessible place. Huge pain, but it's better than being too vulnerable to attack from either bad guys or my wonderful 'provider'.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:23 AM   #16
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
+1 to bobbb

i hate google, ...would never subscribe to use any of their crap...

... i just use the email account through my ISP...
Old 07-14-2012, 01:23 PM   #17
that was'nt a vitamin!!

pippen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbb View Post
Goggle is by far the worst offender when it comes to tracking/profiling their clients(members). They will keep track of everything you do within their realm -goggle search/gmail/goggle maps/goggle earth/chrome surfing/goo tube- and bundle it up to make a nice little profile of you. I realize that this is no different than any of the rest of our overlords these days, but they want to control ALL of our online activities and their reach is ever-growing.

I dumped my gmail account last year and will never go back. It was a royal PITA to get rid of it too. Even then, they let me know they'd be holding onto every message I ever sent or rcvd for at least six months after I was gone. I even avoid using their search unless I absolutely can't find what I'm looking for via other methods and I use crapquest or my garmin software for any mapping needs. Not a fan.

Sorry about not answering your question OP, but I don't know of any providers that are worth a damn nowadays. I just use several accounts with different providers to keep all of my stuff from being in one easily-accessible place. Huge pain, but it's better than being too vulnerable to attack from either bad guys or my wonderful 'provider'.
Amen!! Most of its is for ads but you know they let big brother in on their massive databases, its like the Gestapo!!