Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

what web browser are you using? (Windows 7)

View Poll Results: What are you using to browse the internet
Internet Explorer 9 1 3.57%
Mozilla Firefox 10 35.71%
Google chrome 16 57.14%
Other (Please specify) 1 3.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-20-2012, 01:02 AM   #1
TRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to behold

TRDsport253's Tacoma Gallery
what web browser are you using? (Windows 7)

I'm curious on what web broswer people are using. I see Internet Explorer 9 advertisment as safe and fast. Not for me its pretty darn slow. I have both Mozilla Firefox and Google chrome installed and they are faster than IE9 but Firefox freezes sometime and Google chrome as well. Any other web browser out there? I'm running these on a Toshiba (laptop) with Windows 7 64-bit, Intel Core i5, 4gb of ram.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:26 AM   #2
that was'nt a vitamin!!
pippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pippen
pippen's Tacoma Gallery
I traded win7 for vista, but I use Firefox, and then chrome. I like Firefox its fast and highly adaptive, I only run 3 addons so its not too slow, the more you run the slower it will be. Internet Explorer is so horrible, I have not used it in several years. There is also Opera, I've used it on my mobile devices alot, and Safari which I've never used.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:10 AM   #3
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
I usually stick with IE unless I want to troubleshoot something - then I use Firefox. Never really like Chrome personally. There are some performance differences between browsers and versions, like loading of Javascript, but it's not enough for me to use one browser for some situations and another browser for other situations. I find IE has nice enough overall performance balance to satisfy my needs.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:11 AM   #4
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone who says they are using IE should be banned.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:34 AM   #5
khx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

khx73's Tacoma Gallery
Firefox beta (currently v 14) with AdBlock plus and the usual host of necessary plugins like java, flash, etc). No issues really. I restart the browser once in a while to clean up its memory footprint, since it runs 24/7 on this PC).
Old 07-20-2012, 12:38 PM   #6
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Anyone who says they are using IE should be banned.

Probably X2 since I'm an IT guy
Old 07-20-2012, 12:40 PM   #7
2012 Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Navy: Attack Squadron 82
Name: Todd
2012 Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Chrome always at home, Firefox at work
Old 07-20-2012, 02:38 PM   #8
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
At work I use primarily Firefox or IE7. Firefox is faster but the computer is locked down so I can't install many programs and IE7 is the default browser (which blows). I was able to install firefox but can't install the flash player. So if I want to look at videos, I have to use IE7.

The system won't allow me to install Chrome or any other browser.

At home I primarily use Chrome or IE9.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:23 PM   #9
g34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Avionics
g34rh34d's Tacoma Gallery
98% Mozilla Firefox, 2% IE7 (to remote into work/compatibility issues.)

IE Sucks in my opinion, its slow. Mozilla is definitely my preference.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:29 PM   #10
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
safari
Old 07-20-2012, 04:37 PM   #11
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
i use several: IE8, firefox 14, and opera 12... the each have pros and cons, ...so i apply them to their respectives strengths...

opera is very fast, especially for video and sites w/ a lot of motion elements/graphics, but can become unstable and crash if i have it open when returning from being away from the computer for a day or so...

IE8 is kinda slow if I have like 8 tabs open, but it is pretty stable, at least on my machine...

firefox is kinda slow on my machine, and is a resource hog (especially w/ flash video streaming), ...though i do like the "add-ons" available for firefox, especially for webdev...
Old 07-22-2012, 12:02 AM   #12
I Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I Liquid I's Tacoma Gallery
Chrome all the way. Fast, does not crash, etc.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:50 AM   #13
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
BuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BuckNakedBooda's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a 100% IE 9.0 person. I am an IT Manager for a financial services firm and manage a small group of developers. All of our custom applications are web based and built around the Microsoft .NET platform thus IE works the best for our needs.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:00 AM   #14
The Past Through Tomorrow
JohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny
JohnnyWayne's Tacoma Gallery
The Fox
Old 07-24-2012, 04:19 AM   #15
that was'nt a vitamin!!
pippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pippen
pippen's Tacoma Gallery
I usually go by this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari...ulnerabilities

IE has always let more malicious scripts and code in to your system than the rest IMO. People who create these scripts usually count on you using IE to infect you, that or they count on your lack of security knowledge and know how to prevent these things. You computer could be part of a botnet and you'd never know.