Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

Ip Camera Wireless

Old 08-14-2012, 02:44 PM   #1
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Ip Camera Wireless

I have question about Tenvis 391w and viewing over the internet.

I have wrt110 Linksys Wirless Router and a 10 mega down / 1-2 meg up internet at home.

I Have Dyn.org setup over DNSS, with My router port forwarding port 81 tcp.

My question is when i view my house over the internet it cuts in and out. Is this due to my upload speed?? Is it due to my router being quick enough?
Old 08-14-2012, 03:38 PM   #2
khx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

khx73's Tacoma Gallery
Your router isn't the problem.. as long as the camera has a strong signal to it. The problem is your upload speed of your home internet. 1-2Mbit/s upload isn't bad, but it's not enough to stream 640x480 MJPEG at 25 fps (the max spec on your camera). That would require around 7-8Mbit/s (according to some calculations found online) and depending on quality. You would only be able to manage about 7-9 fps at 640x480... and that's assuming you can run at full upload bandwidth of 1-2Mbit/s.
Even 320x240 at 25fps is going to need about 2Mbit/s.
You're going to have to do one or more these:
-buy faster speed internet
-drop your frame rate (fps)
-drop your resolution from 640 to 320.

A different camera may offer better compressions such as MPEG4 or H.264.. but I'm sure they come at a higher price.