Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

Dual Monitor Management Software

Old 08-30-2012, 03:14 AM   #1
CAPS CAPS CAPS!
asphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, B Co, 1st BN, 6th MAR ('93 - '97)
Name: Jason
asphaltpilot's Tacoma Gallery
Dual Monitor Management Software

I'm looking for some dual monitor management software similar to that of DisplayFusion, but without a price tag. Anyone have any suggestions? Spanks.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:27 AM   #2
The Past Through Tomorrow
JohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny
JohnnyWayne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
what card do u have?

most cards with dual support come with a decent software
^^This
Old 08-30-2012, 05:07 AM   #3
CAPS CAPS CAPS!
asphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

There's only integrated Intel HD graphics on the CPU, so I'm using a USB-to-VGA display adapter to get dual screens. There's no software currently on the desktop.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:11 AM   #4
Mall Krawler
coppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Travis
coppert's Tacoma Gallery
I have been using a program called UltraMon for a few years that I'm happy with. It is not free, but pretty reasonably priced. If you have the right connections I'm sure you can find it for free or as share-ware.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:25 AM   #5
JohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ah. Is this a notebook I assume? What operating system are you running? Who makes the usb to vga hardware? Need more specs please
Old 08-30-2012, 05:54 AM   #6
CAPS CAPS CAPS!

This is a test box for work. I have full admin rights.

Dell Optiplex 790
Intel i5 - 2400 @ 3.1 GHz
Windows 7 64-bit Enterprise SP1
4 GB RAM

Using a Lenovo USB-to-VGA display port adapter for the second monitor.

I just wanted to see if anyone had any opinions on any free monitor management software, if it exists, before I go about researching licensed software.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:30 PM   #7

I've always used whatever came with the graphics card but have you looked at Ultramon? http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/

Never used it but it looks ok...
Old 08-30-2012, 02:19 PM   #8
White and Nerdy
theTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jacob
theTupper's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to theTupper Send a message via Skype™ to theTupper
I use DisplayFusion myself...and if you're looking for features close to what DF offers (taskbars spread across monitors, etc), there are no "free" alternatives that I'm aware of. As mentioned above, ATI and nVidia drivers do a good job, but as you're using integrated gfx, that won't help you.