Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

Toshiba laptop Battery problem

Old 09-12-2012, 10:57 AM   #1
TheHansen is on a distinguished road

TheHansen's Tacoma Gallery
Toshiba laptop Battery problem

I'm going to try to keep this as short as possible

I haven't had a battery for over a year. I bought a new one and it worked, but would not charge. Once it died it was dead for good. I tried it on another compatible laptop with the same result. I returned the battery and they gave me a new one. I installed this one and now i get "no battery is detected"

I'm a little lost now.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:42 AM   #2
kurtw is on a distinguished road
kurtw's Tacoma Gallery
Go to Toshiba's web site, see if there's an update to your BIOS available.

Depending on your model, some Toshibas (and Gateways as well) were known for charging issues. If I recall correctly, it was due to how the charging port was connected to the mobo, and there were (are) all kinds of issues with the port breaking off, over heating, battery charging issues, etc. How old is the laptop? Do you keep it plugged in when using it?
Old 09-27-2012, 06:25 PM   #3
that was'nt a vitamin!!
pippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pippen
pippen's Tacoma Gallery
Check the contacts where the battery pops in to the laptop. If your laptop is plugged in all daylong and you do not do alot of work on it that requires saving, then remove the battery it will last longer. Only drawback by doing this is you lose your un-saved work if a power failure happens or your kids trip over the power cord.