Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

Phone Case Poll

View Poll Results: Which case do you have/want?
Otterbox 62 49.60%
Ballistic 9 7.20%
Lifeproof 54 43.20%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-27-2012, 08:05 PM   #41
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
i initially didnt read the first post

mine is for the 4/4s

So last gen
Old 10-27-2012, 08:07 PM   #42
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
yes
Old 10-28-2012, 12:15 PM   #44
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
I recently got my first ever smartphone, the iphone4. I went with lifeproof, only problem so far is the volume buttons refused to work. I had to wedge a small piece of eraser rubber between the buttons so they would work. I'ts my understanding that it just needs to break in since my roommate has the same one and it works fine.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:45 PM   #45
CUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of light

CUtigerfan's Tacoma Gallery
Don't know if anyones ever heard of them but Tech21 makes a few cases for the iphone. I contacted them about their new Combat Case a few months ago when it hadn't been released yet and they sent me one for free.

Heres a link:
http://www.tech21.uk.com/index.php/Brands/Apple
Old 11-02-2012, 04:42 PM   #46
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
OtterBox for a long time due to their great customer service . . .
Old 11-17-2012, 10:30 AM   #47
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOSHeloPilot View Post
OtterBox for a long time due to their great customer service . . .
Getting rid of my Otterbox Defender as soon as my pre-ordered Lifeproof arrives
Old 11-17-2012, 10:34 AM   #48
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilborn View Post
I have a Magpul
Me too.

Old 12-01-2012, 07:27 AM   #49
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
I got a MAGPUL phone case yesterday. I must say, for the price you can't beat it. It looks cool too.

BTW i dont own an AR so Im a bit of a poser.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:33 AM   #50
dfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Goose
dfrugia's Tacoma Gallery
When I got my iPhone 5 magpul hadn't yet made one to fit. Did some research and found one made by Urban Armor Guard. Awesome case!

Magpul I had with my 4s was great as well.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:47 AM   #51
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
I have an otterbox,,, flap that covers charger port tore lose and they sent me a new case at no charge.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:37 AM   #52

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Got my I5 , White / Grey Lifeproof yesterday

HUGE improvement as far as size and protection over the Otterbox Defender I was using
Old 12-01-2012, 09:47 AM   #53
primer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: T
primer's Tacoma Gallery
I have had this for a few weeks:
http://www.amazon.com/Cygnett-CY0868...gnett+iphone+5

Doesn't give quite the Otterbox or Lifeproof level of protection, but is enough for me - and definitely a lower profile than Otterbox. Plus the price is right. Pretty easy to remove as well. Only thing I would change is the charger opening is small and won't fit a wide adapter.

Just throwing another option out there.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:56 AM   #54
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I have a very strong hatred towards cases and screen protectors for that matter. Look at the commercials. You never see someone using the phone with a case. A company shouldn't make a product that can't withstand normal everyday abuse without having to spend more money on unnecessary protection. 'Its the thinnest smartphone in the world,' well it's not very thin after you add a 1" thick case. /End rant
Old 12-01-2012, 10:28 AM   #55
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
I have a very strong hatred towards cases and screen protectors for that matter. Look at the commercials. You never see someone using the phone with a case. A company shouldn't make a product that can't withstand normal everyday abuse without having to spend more money on unnecessary protection. 'Its the thinnest smartphone in the world,' well it's not very thin after you add a 1" thick case. /End rant
I agree. It pisses me off, but ultimately an Ihpone is a piece of glass. You drop it something will happen. I dont like spending more on a case than the phone itself. That's just stupid. I had a rubbery Otterbox, it was like $30 bucks. It was thick, stuck in my pocket, didnt fit tight, and i dropped it and I got the back of my iphone cracked. I went a while w/o a case, but I didnt want the glass to get worse so I ordered the magpul for $9+free shipping. I like it a lot so far.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:14 PM   #56

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
The Lifeproof Fre case for Iphone 5 is suprisingly thin
Old 05-18-2013, 01:01 PM   #57
mtxsub is on a distinguished road

mtxsub's Tacoma Gallery
my otter box has taken some good falls and has gotten wet my phone has lasted threw many falls from speed break any otterbox they replace it for free!!! get otter box.
Old 05-18-2013, 01:05 PM   #58
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
My Otterbox on my Blackberry 8330 was phenominal. Tough as shit, rain didn't bother it, nothing phased that case.

Otterbox Defended on the girlfriends iPhone 5 - Looks great, white case became uncleanably filthy within a few weeks. Way too much exposed ports on the phone. Don't know why they changed it, the 3G Otterbox was sealed. Further, the rubber is tearing all over the sides of the case, looks like a serrated blade knife. Terrible quality.

Otterbox on our iPad - Rubber sleeve that goes around the shell is completely deformed and looks like shit after less than a year of use. Otterbox has gone down the toilet IMHO.

Griffin Survivor on my iPhone 5 - Awesome case, super thick, all ports protected, good in rain and for pretty severe drops. Tore a tab on the case and Griffin sent me a brand new case. Overall badass case for ~$20 at Walmart. Only complaint I've heard is that its heavy/thick, I'm 265lbs so I find this laughable.

I like the Lifeproof cases, will be getting them for both our phones soon. Want a slimmer profile and the ability to submerge in case of accident.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:24 AM   #59
MudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tim
MudFlap's Tacoma Gallery
All yall pansy asses needing cases! Lol I roll with my phone just like it came out the damn box with nuthin on it!
Old 08-05-2013, 01:14 PM   #60

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MudFlap View Post
All yall pansy asses needing cases! Lol I roll with my phone just like it came out the damn box with nuthin on it!
Guess you work in an office