LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

Phone Case Poll

View Poll Results: Which case do you have/want?
Otterbox 62 49.60%
Ballistic 9 7.20%
Lifeproof 54 43.20%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-12-2012, 08:10 PM   #1
NewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis, Truck: Baja
NewRider's Tacoma Gallery
Phone Case Poll

After reading the "iPhone 5 keynote" thread I got really tired of hearing about Lifeproof cases so here's a pool to see what's most use (mostly for iPhones but others as well).
Old 09-12-2012, 08:12 PM   #2
NewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

If you've somethin other than what I listed just say and I'll add it in.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:14 PM   #3

bump
Old 09-12-2012, 08:16 PM   #4
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
otterbox is ok, but im more peranoid of water so i chose lifeproof
Old 09-12-2012, 08:18 PM   #5
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxRome View Post
otterbox is ok, but im more peranoid of water so i chose lifeproof
x2. and ottor box is fucking huge compared to lifeproof. and dose not do anything lifeproof canít.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:19 PM   #6

I'm waiting to upgrade b/c there's no point in further protecting this phone cuz it's already messed up but have you seen Ballistic cases? unless you're actually submerging the phone i can't imagine you really need it 100% airtight and they're about half the price
Old 09-12-2012, 08:26 PM   #7
Onetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Onetime27's Tacoma Gallery
Otter box is $50 or $60 for camo, Lifeproof is $80 ballistic is around $55-$60
The Otterbox and Ballistic are technically military grade but they aren't 100% waterproof as the Lifeproof is. The Lifeproof is a PITA if you take it off much, use the headphone jack often or use wider port chargers though.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:27 PM   #8
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
Love my otterbox. great customer service. If it breaks they will send you another one no questions asked
Old 09-12-2012, 08:29 PM   #9
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onetime27 View Post
The Otterbox and Ballistic are technically military grade but they aren't 100% waterproof as the Lifeproof is. The Lifeproof is a PITA if you take it off much, use the headphone jack often or use wider port chargers though.
donít have to take it off for head phones. it comes with an adaptor. wider chargers can be a prob.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:38 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onetime27 View Post
just wanted to note that the most expensive ballistic is $35-$60, and that's for the iPhone 5
Old 09-12-2012, 08:39 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO721 View Post
donít have to take it off for head phones. it comes with an adaptor. wider chargers can be a prob.
it does come with and adapter but i've had a bunch of friend have to have their phones "serviced" because the stupid adapter broke off IN the phone..
Old 09-12-2012, 08:41 PM   #12
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know if anyone's seen this, if not feast your eyes on the iron man of iPhone cases.
https://www.lunatik.com/products/taktik
Old 09-12-2012, 08:52 PM   #13
JeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
JeremyGrey's Tacoma Gallery
Magpul case. Im gonna get the life proof when I get the iPhone 5
Old 09-12-2012, 08:54 PM   #14
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
I don't know if anyone's seen this, if not feast your eyes on the iron man of iPhone cases.
That does look pretty good
Old 09-12-2012, 08:56 PM   #15

Quote:
DAMN! period.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:58 PM   #16

bump for more answers
Old 09-12-2012, 09:04 PM   #17
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

As much as I love the lunatik case, it's not 100% water proof. So I'll be getting the lifeproof in orange. Haha and to the OP, sorry about all the lifeproof talk in the other thread, I was just excited! The lunatik case will be available for the 5 though. That thing is legit and you can swap out all the anodized pieces for different colors. You should add it to the poll, the company is just starting out, they could use the advertising
Old 09-12-2012, 09:06 PM   #18

Quote:
As much as I love the lunatik case, it's not 100% water proof. So I'll be getting the lifeproof in orange. Haha and to the OP, sorry about all the lifeproof talk in the other thread, I was just excited! The lunatik case will be available for the 5 though. That thing is legit and you can swap out all the anodized pieces for different colors. You should add it to the poll, the company is just starting out, they could use the advertising
thanks for not ranting on this one like people did on the other... as an apple lover i got really tired of reading through all the bashing just to find out what people who actually like i-products thought
Old 09-12-2012, 09:07 PM   #19

and sense this is my first poll thread... someone wanna tell me how to edit the poll?

yes.. newb, i know
Old 09-12-2012, 09:10 PM   #20
Purveyor of Fun

Haha I think you have to ask a mod. Not sure though.

Products Discussed in this Thread