Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

Any pro audio people?

Old 09-14-2012, 01:09 PM   #1
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Any pro audio people?

Guys, I'm trying to find a decent low power ~50w 1u rack mount 2 channel amplifier to donate to my church. Any suggestions? I'm looking at a couple crown D60s, but they're quite old. I'm not so sure about buying something that old. Would like to keep the price to a minimum.

Thanks
Old 09-14-2012, 01:24 PM   #2
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
BuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BuckNakedBooda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RunnerSeth View Post
Guys, I'm trying to find a decent low power ~50w 1u rack mount 2 channel amplifier to donate to my church. Any suggestions? I'm looking at a couple crown D60s, but they're quite old. I'm not so sure about buying something that old. Would like to keep the price to a minimum.

Thanks
The Crown D60s should be suffice if you can get them below $75.00. Another option if you want to go the Crown route would be the D75 if you can get it around $100.00.

QSC amps can be found at great prices. When I use to tour as a keyboardist I had 4 QSC 1200s for my rig and the bands PA system and never blew one up.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:28 PM   #3
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNakedBooda View Post
The Crown D60s should be suffice if you can get them below $75.00. Another option if you want to go the Crown route would be the D75 if you can get it around $100.00.

QSC amps can be found at great prices. When I use to tour as a keyboardist I had 4 QSC 1200s for my rig and the bands PA system and never blew one up.
So no concern about the age of the D60s? they usually last forever? I think these are 30+ years old.

Really all I am driving is some aux ceiling mounted speakers that provide background audio to the main lobby and eventually some other rooms in the church. If I buy something with more power can i run two in parallel on one channel? This should get my load down to 4Ohms which most power amps can handle no problem.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:40 PM   #4
Navy:
Are these Symetrix A-220s any good?