Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

iOS 6 and iPhone 5

Old 09-19-2012, 06:40 PM   #1
Canadian Bacon
spares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shed

spares's Tacoma Gallery
iOS 6 and iPhone 5

Well we had one for iOS 5 and iPhone 4s, figured one for this year is fitting.

I am having an issue with the new iOS 6 update on my iPhone 4s

I'm running a mac with Leopard on it (~08 macbook) and cannot update my 4s now due to iOS 6 not being compatible with the old version of iTunes. Naturally I tried updating iTunes... low and behold, not compatible with OS X Leopard. did apple drop the ball or is there a way for me to get this so I can sync my iPhone with iTunes?

may just go back to iOS 5 I guess

TL;DR iOS 6 not compatible with old iTunes, New iTunes not compatible with old mac
Old 09-19-2012, 06:57 PM   #2
Canadian Bacon
spares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shed

spares's Tacoma Gallery
I've updated to iOS6 already, my issue is it won't sync with itunes now that I have. As far as updating to a newer operating system seems a little excessive not to mention, I don't even know if my mac will run anything newer
Old 09-19-2012, 08:27 PM   #3
wing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud of

wing103's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wing103 Send a message via AIM to wing103 Send a message via MSN to wing103 Send a message via Yahoo to wing103 Send a message via Skype™ to wing103
I believe you may have to install bootcamp than install windows7 on it and do it this way, but it will boot up slow due to all old hardware problem, i suggest you may have to buy a new macbook air cost you about $1000 when it is on sale
Old 09-19-2012, 08:28 PM   #4
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
just upgrade the OS on your mac, its like 30 bucks and takes 2 mins..
Old 09-19-2012, 08:32 PM   #5
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaholandho View Post
Just wait a couple weeks and the iPhone 6 will be out.
X2 lol
Old 09-19-2012, 08:35 PM   #6
wing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud of

wing103's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wing103 Send a message via AIM to wing103 Send a message via MSN to wing103 Send a message via Yahoo to wing103 Send a message via Skype™ to wing103
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
just upgrade the OS on your mac, its like 30 bucks and takes 2 mins..
most of the old system is out of luck to update.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:02 PM   #8
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
Downloading iOS 6 as we speak. Anyone have it? Is it any good?
Old 09-19-2012, 09:03 PM   #9
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
its not bad. you can have a vibrate on silent. siri has more capabilites.. ther is a "do not disturb" mode which like disables notifications..some other cool stuff
Old 09-19-2012, 09:05 PM   #10
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pretty sure there are some color changes...and youtube is gone ahaha.

i honestly feel like its running smoother..but it might just be me.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:08 PM   #11
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick904 View Post
pretty sure there are some color changes...and youtube is gone ahaha.

i honestly feel like its running smoother..but it might just be me.
Wait WHAT? Youtube is gone?????
Old 09-19-2012, 09:09 PM   #12
Resident Fishing Expert

you can re install it.. its spot on the home screen has been replaced with "passbook"

oh and the map has been updated.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:10 PM   #13
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
There's an app in the app store. They need to get rid of that damn newsstand app
Old 09-20-2012, 04:52 AM   #14
Canadian Bacon

spares's Tacoma Gallery
Alright, so after an hour or so of troubleshooting last night, turns out my solution was fairly simple but I'll leave it here for anyone in my situation. You will have to download iTunes 10.6.3, which can be found here;

http://support.apple.com/downloads/#itunes

As for iOS 6, its an alright update... no showstoppers but a few updated features and siri got a littler brighter. Here's what pushed me to update; http://www.forbes.com/sites/mattmill...ou-preordered/
Old 09-20-2012, 09:36 AM   #15
Mechanically Goofy
neonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
neonlazer's Tacoma Gallery
Apple Maps FTL! I had to add that to this thread.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:46 AM   #16
Banned
ruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ruler's Tacoma Gallery
nice update finally the lame facebook crAPP works withought losing connection, pictures actually load now, overall better performance. Map update is nice, youtube app is upgraded finally, minor updates to notifications and they added the do not disturb.. Still havent tried facetime over 4g, dont know if you have to setup a plan or how thats gonna work
Old 09-20-2012, 11:10 AM   #17
sockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
sockmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
i just got ios 6 on an ipod touch, but i am noticing some nice improvements.

one improvement was on the audio playback feature when the screen is locked.
you double click the main button, in ios 5, you get |<</ PLAY/ >>| buttons. they are soooo close, you more than likely to hit FWD or BACK if going for pause or play.

major pain in the ass when listening to audio books...esp on a chapter that is 1.5 hrs long and then hit jumps back...

ios 6 replaced the |<< and >>| with back a back 15 sec or fwd 15 sec buttons

yes, the youtube app is much more "registered user" friendly (if you have a channel or a login, it is much easier to get around in this app)

they also seperated the "music" and "podcasts".
(audio podcasts and video podcasts used to be tucked under the generic "music" or "video" icons)
podcasts are now under their own icon (both video and audio)
Old 09-20-2012, 11:33 AM   #18
DevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement: Police officer in MD and Marine in B Co 4th LAR Bn
DevilDogTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Just downloaded iOS 6 this morning and it's nice. BUT, App Store won't open for me at all. I keep getting an error window that pops up saying "Cannot connect to iTunes Store." I've tried several different times throughout the day, nothing. I've tried shutting down my iPhone and turning it back on...nothing.

Any ideas? Is anyone else having this issue? And yes, my iTunes version is up to date, just updated that last night.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:36 AM   #19
Resident Fishing Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDogTacoma View Post
Just downloaded iOS 6 this morning and it's nice. BUT, App Store won't open for me at all. I keep getting an error window that pops up saying "Cannot connect to iTunes Store." I've tried several different times throughout the day, nothing. I've tried shutting down my iPhone and turning it back on...nothing.

Any ideas? Is anyone else having this issue? And yes, my iTunes version is up to date, just updated that last night.
I had that error message earlier but I tried to directly connect to the itunes store using the itunes store app..worked..went back to apps..and it worked.

dunno if it was a coincidence or what..but i have used the app store within the past 30 mins.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:36 AM   #20
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDogTacoma View Post

This happened to me last night. I think it's just a bug that'll be addressed soon.