Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

Cox communications commercial

Old 09-20-2012, 01:06 PM   #1
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronnie
rondog's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs down Cox communications commercial

So I was watching TV last night. I get my TV through Cox Communications here in san diego.

A commercial for Cox came on last night. It was a hot girl wearing a Direct TV shirt sitting where a TV would go saying how "You can't watch me in every room. You have to pay for that" and then Cox comes back saying "See you have to pay for every room you want direct tv in. With cox, you don't have to pay for each room"

That wasn't verbatim, but that is complete and utter bull shit. I have 4 rooms with TV in my house and you bet your ass I am paying for all 4. Upwards of 40 bucks additionally just to have the 4 rooms.

Now their argument is probably, "You aren't paying for the TV service..that is the equipment rental you are paying for." Well you don't give me an option to use my own equipment!

I just think that is so deceptive

/rant
Old 09-20-2012, 01:09 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
All the providers require a home DVR or whole house DVR and a whole house boxes in the other rooms you want to watch the recordings on. I know because we are going through our provider options now.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:11 PM   #3
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronnie
rondog's Tacoma Gallery
I have the home DVR plus 3 additional receivers. My point was they said it costs nothing to watch in other rooms when in fact it does.

Are you saying that is only if you are connected to the home DVR that you pay extra?

If they offer a receiver that isn't connected to the main DVR and is free that'd be awesome.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:14 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
They probably provide the service free but it is up to you to have the equipment. All advertising is always on the border or false advertisement.