Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

Samsung Galaxy Note II, Anybody got one?

Old 11-21-2012, 11:20 AM   #1
No amount of balls on earth can hit you.
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
Samsung Galaxy Note II, Anybody got one?

I've been looking at them for a while now, and finally got to see one at the ATT store. Just looking for anyone else who has one of these big boys for their opinion. I will be upgrading on Dec. 1st. This might be the one...
Old 11-26-2012, 11:37 PM   #2
olivelin is on a distinguished road
Name: Oliver
olivelin's Tacoma Gallery
Just let us know how it works after upgrading..!
Old 11-27-2012, 08:58 AM   #3
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Specifically waiting for this phone. Have played with demos at other carriers and it is pretty bad ass. Looks like VZ Preorders are shipping today so it should be in stores thursday or friday. Gotta love VZ getting theirs out a month after everyone else.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:34 PM   #5
JWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Waldo
JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
I demo'd one not too long ago.. It's a pretty freakin sweet device. Gigantic though, dunno if I'd be able to handle that on a day to day basis, especially after adding a case. The S3 is enough for me lol.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:51 PM   #6
replica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
replica9000's Tacoma Gallery
I thought the Galaxy Nexus was too big with a case on it, but too slippery without it. Can't imagine trying to use the Note II as a phone. For right now I'm happy with my 4.3" display
Old 11-29-2012, 02:34 PM   #7
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Freaking badass. Its insane what this thing can do!
Old 12-09-2012, 08:24 AM   #8
Subd for later..
TacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
TacoRun's Tacoma Gallery
Bump.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:17 AM   #9
rjp4419 will become famous soon enough
Army:
rjp4419's Tacoma Gallery
Did anyone go from an iphone to the note? Ive been thinking about switching.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:29 PM   #10
Proud to be Awesome
Twiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: U.S.S. San Jacinto (CG-56)
Twiget's Tacoma Gallery
I just upgraded from an iPhone 4 to a Note 2. Performance wise it is awesome, and the I like the stylus. I used to use them back in the day with my Compaq PDA. I rooted it yesterday and installed the Jedi-X ROM, it gets rid of all the ATT bloat-ware and speeds up the UI a lot. Plus, you can do so many more cool things with a rooted phone.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:09 PM   #11
JWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Waldo
JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjp4419 View Post
Did anyone go from an iphone to the note? Ive been thinking about switching.
I made the switch from iphone to a s3. So far it's 100x better than any iphone or future iphone. The possibilities are endless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiget View Post
I just upgraded from an iPhone 4 to a Note 2. Performance wise it is awesome, and the I like the stylus. I used to use them back in the day with my Compaq PDA. I rooted it yesterday and installed the Jedi-X ROM, it gets rid of all the ATT bloat-ware and speeds up the UI a lot. Plus, you can do so many more cool things with a rooted phone.
I rooted a couple weeks back. I have a few apps and got rid of all the ATT bloatware but haven't read much into the ROM's. Is it difficult to do? I'm still a newb with android stuff. I don't want to mess anything up, which is why I've been a little hesitant with a lot of the programs that require root access.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:14 PM   #12
Fuera culeros..
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Thinking about ditching my crapphone 4 for a note 2...
My cousin has one and let me borrow it for a few hours to see what it does and wow it's amazing...
Old 12-10-2012, 05:50 PM   #13
Proud to be Awesome
Twiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Twiget's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWaldz View Post
I rooted a couple weeks back. I have a few apps and got rid of all the ATT bloatware but haven't read much into the ROM's. Is it difficult to do? I'm still a newb with android stuff. I don't want to mess anything up, which is why I've been a little hesitant with a lot of the programs that require root access.
This was the first time I've rooted and phone or gone with a custom ROM, too. Installing the ROM was pretty painless. I just followed the instructions from GalaxyNote2Root.com.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:21 AM   #14
replica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWaldz View Post
It's usually as simple as placing a .zip file on your sdcard, booting into recovery and flashing the .zip file.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:32 PM   #15
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
What exactly is "rooting"? Is it like jailbreaking an iphone?
I have a 3GS and im thinking about getting the note
Old 12-13-2012, 09:26 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMABOSS View Post
What exactly is "rooting"? Is it like jailbreaking an iphone?
I have a 3GS and im thinking about getting the note
Yes. It allows you full permissions to modify system files.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:44 PM   #17
Navy:
after a couple weeks, still loving this phone. even my wife's droid razr maxx seems tiny to me now. Love the big screen and stylus. I have rooted and removed bloat ware as well as added in some features that VZ left out. very happy with this phone. I love holding this thing next to a friends iphone. they usually look back at their iphone with severe disappointment in their eyes.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:50 PM   #18
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
I just got this phone yesturday. Couple questions, Im having a problem recieveing texts from one person. I can send texts but cant recieve from them. Any ideas?
Also, Can I use my phone while its charging? I have it plugged in but the battery picture comes up when i press the home button. And about how long does it take to charge for the first time? Thanks in advance
Old 12-20-2012, 05:02 PM   #19
No amount of balls on earth can hit you.
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
I'm typing on my new note 2 right now. Awesome machine. I'm using a soft stylus. All I can say is buy one. Otterbox defender will be delivered tomorrow.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:10 PM   #20
Proud to be Awesome

Twiget's Tacoma Gallery
Does your friend have an iPhone? I switched from an iPhone to the Note and a couple of my friends have iPhones. I can send them texts no problem, but when they reply, it goes to my old iPhone. I even took the sim card out of my iPhone and their texts still go to it and I never see the texts on my Note. My iPhone is still connected to my home wireless network, that must be how it is receiving the texts. I have not talked to AT&T about this yet, probably after Christmas.

As for charging, I had no problems using my Note while charging. It is a huge battery (3100mAh), so it takes a long time to charge.