Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

Cynogenmod 10??

Old 11-30-2012, 06:17 AM   #2
replica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
replica9000's Tacoma Gallery
Still waiting for someone to put out a CM10 ROM for my Rezound. I've seen some people testing but nothing public yet. Haven't even tried CM9 yet, still running a stripped down de-sensed ROM.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:52 AM   #3
STRIKER TRD
akaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
akaryanreynolds's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by replica9000 View Post
Still waiting for someone to put out a CM10 ROM for my Rezound. I've seen some people testing but nothing public yet. Haven't even tried CM9 yet, still running a stripped down de-sensed ROM.
Nice yah I just put the CM 10 on my Galaxy Nexus, its really really smooth and fast, just an FYI you need to install the Google factory apps after you flash the ROM or you wont have a working phone. Im happy to be on jelly bean with GOOGLE NOW its better then Siri!!!!
Old 11-30-2012, 09:54 AM   #4
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
I still haven't figured it all out yet.

In dumb-dumb language, I want to run 4.2 on my Verizon S3. Will CM10 achieve this?
Old 11-30-2012, 09:57 AM   #5
wtf am i reading
Razgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Razgriz's Tacoma Gallery
im rocking liquid rom and loving it on my gnex
Old 11-30-2012, 09:58 AM   #6
replica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaryanreynolds View Post
Nice yah I just put the CM 10 on my Galaxy Nexus, its really really smooth and fast, just an FYI you need to install the Google factory apps after you flash the ROM or you wont have a working phone. Im happy to be on jelly bean with GOOGLE NOW its better then Siri!!!!
I have CM7 on my older Droid Incredible & Moto Droid 1. Much smoother and faster than stock. Google Apps aren't included with CyanogenMod for legal reasons.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:59 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP3 View Post

In dumb-dumb language, I want to run 4.2 on my Verizon S3. Will CM10 achieve this?
CM10 is "Jellybean", which are versions 4.1 & 4.2
Old 11-30-2012, 10:01 AM   #8
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Would really like to try this, but can't do much with bootloader locked on my Xperia Arc. Can't stand all the Sony/Rogers crap preloaded wasting my little phone memory left.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:06 AM   #9
STRIKER TRD
akaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP3 View Post

Yah it will be coming out for that phone soon they have nightly's out right now but not a stable platform...yet.

Here's the link to keep checking on:
http://get.cm/?device=i9300&type=

Filter by stable

You will have to ROOT your phone if you haven't already yet too.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:07 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten View Post
Would really like to try this, but can't do much with bootloader locked on my Xperia Arc. Can't stand all the Sony/Rogers crap preloaded wasting my little phone memory left.
Unlock the bootloader... I see there are CM10 ROMs for your phone.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:07 AM   #11
STRIKER TRD

Quote:
ROOT ROOT ROOT then
Old 11-30-2012, 10:09 AM   #12
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Unlock the bootloader... I see there are CM10 ROMs for your phone.
Quote:
ROOT ROOT ROOT then
On my phone, bootlader unlock allowed: No

That is where all the tutorials end for me so far. (But I'm a noob, so... )
Old 11-30-2012, 10:24 AM   #13
Wild Ginger
BrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BrettBretterson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've been going back and forth between CM10 and mmuzzy builds on my GNEX for several months now, and have to say that both are awesome. I love Google Now too, and JB runs SO much smoother than ICS.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:25 AM   #14

Quote:
On my phone, bootlader unlock allowed: No

That is where all the tutorials end for me so far. (But I'm a noob, so... )
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1653188
Old 11-30-2012, 10:28 AM   #15

I have Google Now on my ICS ROM, I have to try it though.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:37 AM   #17

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Beat me to it, stupid work tasks lol
In your phone, tap Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status. If Bootloader unlock allowed says Yes, then you can continue with the next step. If it says No, or if the status is missing, your device cannot be unlocked.

Info straight from Sony site. Mine is No

Connect your phone in fastboot mode (turn phone off, hold menu button and plug in USB Cable)

Does not work for me either. So can't start with fastboot.

Anyway thats whay I remember from trying a few weeks ago. Thanks for the links. I will give it a good read and another shot.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:47 AM   #18

Quote:
Info straight from Sony site. Mine is No
There must be a way, either with a software or hardware exploit. Do some digging on XDA, might find some useful info. I had to use a paperclip to obtain S-OFF status on my Rezound's bootloader...