LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

TV Techs.. Your help please!

Old 12-03-2012, 09:59 PM   #1
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
supremetaco2's Tacoma Gallery
TV Techs.. Your help please!

Recently got the chance to pick up a Mitsubishi WS-65869 65" rear projection HDTV for free.. although it has some problems I first need to solve the simplest one... First problem is that I think I need an adapter because I see no HDMI cable socket. The HDMI cable socket is coming from my cable box... I am not sure what I will need, here are the pictures of the HDMI socket coming from the cable box, and the TV outputs.

Thanks in advanced!
Old 12-04-2012, 06:18 AM   #2
replica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
replica9000's Tacoma Gallery
Easiest would be to use something other than HDMI from your cable box. Does it have component out? Otherwise, you would need something to covert the digital HDMI signal to an analog signal. Then there's HDCP, where legally some or all of the signal may be stripped of certain content (ie. 5.1 surround may be dropped to 2 channel audio). Best way to go is get a newer TV, or a receiver than can convert the signal for you.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:22 AM   #3
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by replica9000 View Post
Easiest would be to use something other than HDMI from your cable box. Does it have component out?
Old 12-04-2012, 06:22 AM   #4
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
As stated above your best bet would be to use the component out on your cable box. The TV is too old. It does not have a digital input for HDMI or even DVI. Good thing is the TV was free.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:27 AM   #5
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
Thank you for the quick responses.. Will check now
Old 12-04-2012, 10:34 AM   #6
Ok... I think I am in luck! I found this and if you can see it has component video..

So I will just need a component cord basically? thats what its called? Sorry not tech savvy at all..
Old 12-04-2012, 10:37 AM   #7
replica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremetaco2 View Post
Ok... I think I am in luck! I found this and if you can see it has component video..

So I will just need a component cord basically? thats what its called? Sorry not tech savvy at all..
Yes exactly. It doesn't have to be a cable specifically labeled as a component cable. As long as the wires are connected blue to blue, green to green, etc.. Just remember one of the red is for video, the other is for sound.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:45 AM   #8
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by replica9000 View Post
Yes exactly. It doesn't have to be a cable specifically labeled as a component cable. As long as the wires are connected blue to blue, green to green, etc.. Just remember one of the red is for video, the other is for sound.
If there's going to be any high def content ran through it, I'd definitely recommend the beefier component specific cables.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:48 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJuice View Post
If there's going to be any high def content ran through it, I'd definitely recommend the beefier component specific cables.
True. His cable company should provide him with the cables, maybe even for free.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:02 AM   #10
Thanks guys..!
Old 12-04-2012, 01:26 PM   #11
khx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

khx73's Tacoma Gallery
Don't forget to hook up the red & white (R and L) audio cables too, since you aren't using HDMI.. otherwise, no sound for you. Unless you are using a separate audio system, then never mind.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:17 PM   #12
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
for HDTV signal, looks like you're stuck w/ component (analog) video (that's the three conductor cable: red, blue, green), and two channel analog (stereo) audio...
Old 12-06-2012, 11:19 AM   #13
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by khx73 View Post
Don't forget to hook up the red & white (R and L) audio cables too, since you aren't using HDMI.. otherwise, no sound for you. Unless you are using a separate audio system, then never mind.
This is true, component only carriers video, no audio.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:01 PM   #14
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
If you are using a separate audio output, such as a home stereo, it is possible to use that optical output (that orange jack next to the power plug), which should give you 5.1 audio.