Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

LCD tv picture problem

Old 12-07-2012, 03:33 PM   #1
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
LCD tv picture problem

I have a sony 46in lcd with direct tv..for about the last 8 months or so when I turn the set on I have shadows on the screen or like the text is all doubled up and overlapping. (This doesn't happen everytime I turn on the set.) It goes away sometimes in a minute or two or sometimes it takes 15 minutes to go away Once it goes away the picture is crystal clear. Do you all think it is the set or maybe could it be the high def direct tv dvr?
Old 12-07-2012, 03:37 PM   #2
NoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
NoSoup4You's Tacoma Gallery
Possibly a faulty TCON board, LCD panel, capacitors, etc...

Looks to be common with Sony TVs

http://www.scribd.com/doc/25276757/E...g-10-22-09-OPT
Old 12-07-2012, 04:04 PM   #3
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
My tv does this too. Mine is the lcd panel itself so I'm not fixing it.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:25 PM   #4
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

does it get progtrssively worse?? at least these sets have gotten a lot cheaper
Old 12-08-2012, 12:43 PM   #5
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
No mine has stayed like this for quite some time. I'm hoping it lasts another year so I can toss it when I move.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:00 PM   #6

ok thanks guys...I guess I'll put up with mine until it is completley shot. Like I said after the problem clears up the picture is excellent, I am watching the army-navy game right now and the picture is incredible it just took about 10 minutes to get there.
Old 12-22-2013, 04:16 PM   #7

only took about 8 hours today to clear up